27

this chapter is dedicated to my friend highvolume ! above you'll see the video I made for with the help of the lovely allyrwilliams :)
....

Harry Styles

I never really expected all of this to happen; a masked ball, not being with Vicky, and mainly acting like the biggest asshole William wanted me to be. Personally, I wanted to avoid this state, this kind of person, but for one night I had to behave like a heartless human being who was only focused on money, woman, and fame.

My eyes were on her as she swayed over the dancefloor. Her dress was astonishing, and I wished - deeply - that I could be with her right now. But our current positions couldn't make us come close to one another. So distance was all we could get.

I had returned to my office, after I grabbed a bottle of Malibu. Having a drink during a party was something we all enjoyed. I was alone here, because I was the one and only they came for. I peeked through the blinds, which were hanging in front of my windows, to look down at the table were all my presents were laying down. It did not occur to me why all of these people brought me so many expensive gifts, like they thought I would not have one single thing they brought for me. But I did. I, basically, owned everything they gave me.

Nonetheless, I was grateful for their kindness.

The beverage was in my hand, and I roamed through my office. The music was hardly hearable, but that was a good thing. My head wouldn't pound before I'd go downstairs. It was calm in here and no such thing as bragging females or complaining business man trying to convince you to love their offer.

Like many of us, I was wondering whether tonight would turn out the way we wanted it to be. It sounded harsh, painful, and extremely disrespectful to be in need to destroy people. But what were we supposed to do? Vicky and I had been placed in a position after things got messed up, and we were ruined for a long time. And it seemed that - after all the tears, laughs and so on - we were finally one again. We were official and happy like never before. But William and Carmen had to pay for the heartbreak they caused us both.

I closed my suit and placed the empty glass on the corner of my desk. If I would be clumsy and bump against the desk, the glass would fall off and everything would be scattered. It sounded weird, but when I was alone and thinking about previous happenings, everything was holding a meaning which seemed so deep. Like the glass reflecting my past life.

I glanced at my watch, and agreed I had to make an appearance now. I was holding my mask in my hand as I went downstairs. People were too focused on each other, causing them not to notice me right now, thankfully. I walked backstage and checked my phone quickly for any calls or text messages, but there were none. I put it back and walked further. I greeted some employees as I made my way over to the stage where I'd greet everyone. From the corridor I noticed the curtains going up, and everyone was coming closer to the stage. Silence was filling the room more as they waited on my appearance.

It seemed like the only sound was my shoes touching the stage. My mask was still in my hand and I walked over to the microphone standing on the center of the stage. Heads were following my motion carefully, and I stopped in front of the microphone. I cleared my throat hastily, and bent a tiny bit forward to reach the microphone.

"Thank you all so kindly for coming down," I started my speech formally. "I can't seem to fantom the thought I am actually turning twenty seven in a couple of days. Even so, I am more than grateful for celebrating my birthday with you all. This is not only another year of being older, but also another year of putting all my effort in the Moulin Rouge. I want to thank everyone for making this evening possible, and I wish you all a pleasant evening. Thank you, again"