36

Please read the author's note at the end, it's very important!

also, please vote before reading & inline comment so I can read what you think during this last chapter. enjoy x

Vicky West

My dad parked the car near the restaurant. He shut down the engine and my parents stepped out of the car easily. I felt Harry squeezing my hand in assurance. ''This dinner will be over soon and then we can have a good night sleep.'' He leaned closer and pressed a dainty kiss on my cheek.

When we were all walking towards the restaurant, I noticed someone driving a Mercedes and searching for a parking spot. It was already clear to me and my family that some family members had arrived. They loved buying a new car twice a year.

As I looked over to Harry, I was surprised to see him just staring normally at the Mercedes. I told myself that it was no surprise Harry was not bewildered, by reason of him being used to these cars.

''Let's get inside,'' My father instructed, so we did.

I remember this restaurant. We were here many years ago for my aunt's birthday. Normally, she wasn't someone who visited a restaurant multiple times. However, this restaurant always seemed to work for her. It was nice though. There was much variety in food and such, so everyone would at least be satisfied with their meal.

Harry's hand was against my lower-back while we were walking. A sympathetic waitress walked us to our table and we greeted a couple of family members who had arrived ten minutes ago. It was prodigious to be able to introduce Harry as my boyfriend. My family hadn't seen me for a long time with a guy other than Jake. Thankfully, I was walking proudly with Harry by my side.

I rolled my eyes when I heard my aunt, Joanne, making her way towards us. She gave my mother a kiss on her cheek and complimented her outfit. Still, I never knew whether my aunt was thoroughly honest or talented when it came to acting.

''Vicky! Darling!'' Here we go. I stood up and she waltzed over to me. ''Look at you all dressed up!'' She told me and hugged me. Her way of hugging me was always remarkably awkward, because she never went for the 'real' hug. The one you grab someone profoundly strong and hug them properly.

''Yeah, I wanted to give it a shot.'' I shrugged nonchalantly. ''How are you doing, Joanne?''

''A-ma-zing!'' She claimed urgently. ''We have started with a new project in the big city. We always wanted to expand the company and now we are finally taking the first step!'' The smile she had on her face began to give me chills.

''Good to hear,'' I lied. I was hardly interested in the money my aunt made. ''Joanne, I want to introduce you to Harry. Joanne this is my boyfriend Harry, and Harry this is my aunt.''

''Harry Styles,'' He said when he shook her hand delicately. ''Pleasure to meet you, Joanne.''

''Likewise, Harry.'' She said and she walked over to my father. I noticed Joanne looking over her shoulder for a split-second and then focused back on my father. I was partly confused by her staring at Harry shortly as if she needed confirmation about something.

''I don't like her,'' Harry said out of nowhere, and he grabbed my attention. ''You described her perfectly well. She's not be my type of friend.'' He added and then pressed a kiss on my forehead and suggested we should take a seat.

Family dinners were always dreadful. The fake laughs and the pathetic jokes seemed to fill the room constantly. Harry kept talking to Joanne, and I had figured out that she knew he was the owner of the Moulin Rouge after she obnoxiously asked him. So I was listening to their conversation, but I hardly understood what was being said. This was absolute business talk, and that wasn't my cup of tea. At some point I excused myself and went to the bathroom.