18

Vicky West

"I'd love to wake you up nicely, but you simply don't listen when I do. Get out of the fucking bed, you lazy shit!" Red scowled at me. I peeked one eye open to glance at the alarm clock beside the bed; it was only six AM.

"Do you have a good reason for waking me up this early, or am I going to have to beat the shit out of you?" I groaned annoyingly.

"Yes, I do. You have to help Marcel and I get the invitations done. Harry sent a bunch of templates and the guest list, now we just have to pick which ones we like. We have so much to do, V!" Red clapped in her hands enthusiastically.

I rubbed my eyes, and sat up as Red dug through her closet for something. I leaned against her headboard, cursing myself for deciding to crash at her place last night. "Red, you're the hardest person to get out of bed in the morning, why are you so cheerful?" I questioned surprisingly.

"It may come as a shock to you Vicky," Red sighed, and she sat down at the end of the bed. "But when it comes to scheming and fucking up Carmen's life, I would do just about anything and be happy about it. Now, chop-chop those invitations aren't going to write themselves, are they?" She fleeted out of the room.

Harry had left for Florida last night, and I dreaded the idea of sitting at home sulking about it, so I decided to spend the night with Red. I sighed, Harry being on the other side of the country was either going to be a really good thing, or a really bad thing. There didn't seem to be much equilibrium in our relationship, it was always amazing or awful, and I didn't expect anything different this time around.

Like Red, I had changed into something a little more formal since I suspected we would be doing business for Harry's masked ball today. I had to do Harry's bidding while he was away, and I wanted to do a good job; I wanted to show him that I could be just as much of an asset in his work life as I could in his personal life. I had no doubt that my black blazer and pencil skirt, with Louboutin pumps looked professional, but I wished I had picked something a little more comfortable.

I entered the kitchen, pouring myself some orange juice before making my way into the living room, my eyes widened in shock when I saw a hoard of people towered over a bunch of paperwork.

"Uhh, Red... Who are all these people?" I questioned curiously. I was sure they could smell the anxiety radiating off me, I had no idea Red knew this many people; I thought it was just going to be the three of us.

"Good morning Sugar," Marcel walked up to me, and kissed my cheek quickly. "I spoke to Harry before his flight, said we might need a couple extra hands; these are his assistants. They won't know about the scheme, but they're going to help us with the invitations, bookings, and such. Now, let's sit down and listen to Red."

I took a seat on a dining chair, and listened for Red's instructions. Her loud voice was noticeable over the chatter, and everyone went mute.

"Welcome," Red greeted them politely. "Mr Styles has instructed you all to aide us in the planning of his masked ball. I will expect all of you to treat me, and this party, with the same respect and attention as you would if Harry were here. Today, we are finalizing all the party details; we have booked the Moulin Rouge as the venue, we have meetings with the printers, the caterers, and the bartenders. I expect you all to be on point, and if you have any concerns please let Vicky, Marcel, or myself know. There are cars waiting outside to take us to Moulin Rouge, we will congregate there in about fifteen minutes. Thank you."

The whole team Harry had hired filed out of Red's apartment; I sat in shock, trying to comprehend the extravagance of the party we were planning. It felt satisfying to be planning this party for Harry, but the amount of work that went into this sort of thing was tremendous, and it wasn't something I was usually involved with.