26

Vicky West

The masked ball.

I woke up this morning entirely confused. My mind couldn't comprehend the fact it was going to happen today. After everything Carmen and - mostly -William had put us through, we were going to get back at them.

Red and Marcel showed up at my apartment, and Harry contacted me last night about keeping distance this whole day. We weren't able to act like a couple around one another. Even so, we knew that after today we would be together for a very long time.

When I called my parents after Harry's call last night, I informed them about coming around. First, I wanted to surprise them. But I knew how my mother thought about relationships. She preferred to know who I was taking with me, instead of being unprepared. She also claimed she wasn't a 'hotel' and that I couldn't bring random people with me. That's why I called her. Hopefully my father and mother would be kind towards Harry. In the back of my mind I rememebered the phone-call I had with my mom when I told her for the first time about Harry.

A few days before we would go to New York City, I told her about him. My mom was kind-off defensive about dating an older man, who was also my boss, but I made her clear that if I would be madly in love with someone. . .age wasn't that important. Also, Harry was 26 and I was 23. . .You couldn't make a big deal out of this.

''Sometimes I just want to be a woman to get a make-up treatment,'' Marcel sighed as he spun around in the chair while eyeing Red and I. We were both getting our make-up done, and it was going to take a while. ''I want to feel fancy for once.''

''Ah, please don't exaggerate,'' Red complained from her seat.

''Don't hate on me for saying my thoughts aloud,'' Marcel defended himself.

He was constantly looking at the make-up artist who was doing me. I've seen him mouthing the words he is so hot, Vicks more than a few times. I just showed him my middle finger, and if the make-up artist wouldn't look, sign him to calm down.

''Have you seen my dress yet?'' Red asked me, and I saw her reaching out for her mug of coffee.

''No, what does it looks like?'' I wondered kindly. I normally didn't see Red in dresses, so I was looking forward to seeing this side of her.

''Since I am awfully pale and a red-head, I settled for a black long dress. It's quite simple. My personality already steals the show, so my dress didn't have to be glamorous.''

''Selfish,'' Marcel coughed.

Red started to call Marcel names, and - like any other damned time - I had to demand Red to shut up.

''What about your dress, West?'' Marcel wondered curiously. I heard from Andrea he had been coming around multiple times, and eventually ask her more than seven times if he could see the dress. I had no idea whether Marcel was awfully bored and constantly interested in someone else's business.

''I have no idea what it looks like,'' I admitted. I sealed my eyes, because of the make-up artist telling me to. There was no mirror close to me, so there wasn't one moment I could peek and see how everything looked like.

''Knowing what your dress looks like is essential,'' Marcel said with a posh accent.

''Marcel, you really need to get dressed yourself.'' Red groaned.

''What a lovely way of telling me to fuck-off,'' Marcel murmured. ''But I need to go, indeed. It's evident Vicky will miss my presence and you don't.'' He referred to Red nastily. ''I'll see you two later today. Take care princess and the frog.''

''I am going to kill you when I see you tonight,'' Red seethed through gritted teeth.

''I am wearing a mask, good luck.'' Marcel tried to come across as smart. Even so, I knew Red was already prepared to answer back with something much greater than Marcel's words. She never disappointed me with her way of handling things.