34

please place inline comments with thoughts :) vote before reading if you want to x

....

Harry Styles

I looked at her with pain in my heart. Her facial expression told me exactly what was going on in her mind. She felt absolutely ashamed for never telling me this sooner, and I surely was disappointed with myself that I hadn't been able to convince her that she could say everything to me. However, when Vicky was downstairs I had been thinking about everything we had been through.

Vicky and I have never had a wonderfully simple relationship. But we weren't meant to have an easy relationship. Our lives are ridiculously unsteady and overwhelmingly chaotic. Still, that has made us only stronger. We were meant to be difficult together instead of easy.

But when she told me that she was the weakest person I could ever meet, I felt so distant suddenly. I was still next to her, and I wasn't going anywhere else. Yet, because of her words it felt as if I was being pulled away from her.

I moved with my fingers against her skin and gently went up. Her eyes followed my movement. Vicky closed her eyes for a bit, and I noticed a couple of tears falling down helplessly. With my thumb I wiped them away. I clenched my jaw frustratingly and started to hold her face with one hand.

''You are by far the strongest woman I know, love.'' I said to her completely honestly. ''Look at all the shit you've been through. You're still here.''

''I know that I'm pulling myself through hard times now and then,'' Vicky told me with a steady voice. ''But too many times I'm not handling it well on my own.''

''That's why I am here, Vicks.'' Her eyes were focused on me and I looked at her; hoping to convince her that I wasn't going to leave her. ''I know things don't always go as planned, but when everything is crumbling down I'm always right next to you.'' I pressed my lips against her forehead. ''You know that, right?''

Vicky sighed. ''I know,'' She mumbled. ''It's just. . . that . . .often I have to do things on my own and I can't rely on you every time. You can't be physically by my side constantly.''

I knew that she was right. I couldn't be next to her every time of the day. But I could try to make her feel as if I could be. I wanted her to feel more secure than she was now. ''I'm not saying you have to feel better about yourself and stronger within 3 seconds. Things like this take time. But, like I said, you've always got me, Vicks. I'm not going anywhere else.''

...

Even though Vicky fell asleep in my arms after our talk, I didn't sleep that well. I was awake early and decided to grab my Under Armour clothes and go outside to run for a bit. I knew I had no idea where I was going to, but I felt eager to discover bits of Texas on my own. If Vicky was still sleeping peacefully, I had to occupy myself. Considering her parents weren't awake either, running was the only option left.

I didn't run that much in my life, but this morning I had to get a lot out of my system. I was rather parched when I was finished with jogging. My mouth was thoroughly dry and slowly but surely I was getting hungry. When I walking back to the house, I noticed a supermarket on the corner of the street.

I walked inside and noticed how utterly different this supermarket was compared to the ones in Los Angeles. It wasn't big, so it was easy for me to find a bottle of water. I had always some money on me for emergencies, and this was definitely one of them!

This time I didn't have to be quick, because it was rather empty in the supermarket. So I waited in line patiently...there were only two people in front of me.