14

Harry Styles 

I regretted my plans for today. To be more specific, I hated half of my plans. It wasn't the perfect timing to go golfing with my old mate, Niall. We had been in contact regularly since we saw each other on the plane to New York City. From that moment on he had been sending me cheerful messages, asking me continuously when we would hang out in Los Angeles with our girls.

Well, I had no girl.

So I told him my "girl" was working and wouldn't be able to tag along. If Vicky knew I was still telling people we were "hanging out" together, she would break my neck in an instant. The best thing to do right now was keep this away from her. I would just continue with telling this sort of lie to people who thought we were still going strong.

They should know how I had been crying about the two of us and how she was living her life without me right now. They wouldn't pity me if they heard the story from us two, and I completely understood that people wouldn't. They would most definitely take her side. Maybe I did too, oddly.

After spending a night at her place, and Vicky shoving me away, I couldn't come crawling back to her instantly. I had been too vulnerable since last night, and it wouldn't be good for myself if I confront her again. However, I knew seeing her as soon as possible was something I had to do.

I wished she didn't regret anything from last night. I was determined she couldn't regret anything, because she agreed. We definitely had alcohol in our blood, but not that much to lose control and make mistakes.

"What a wonderful swing, lad. I had been dying to do some golfing with you since we last saw each other. It is good to be back in Los Angeles. Although, it's quite unfortunate it took longer than expected." Niall aforementioned.

He stopped me from thinking about Vicky for a second.

"I'm glad you're back right now," I told him, hoping he would finally shut up.

Niall was a good human being. Only, he wasn't pleasing me at this moment. I was annoyed with everything around me, and stressed out, so his bubbly attitude was something I tried to avoid for the better. Niall and I weren't friends like Louis and I were. We only spoke about our latest business appointments or just basics about our love life.

"Lauren, are you going to get some golfing done or sit the whole time?" He shouted over to his girlfriend who was enjoying the sun while she sat in the golf cart.

"I'm not going to join you two the whole time," She replied back, nicely. "Go ahead, guys. I'll just sit around and maybe get something to drink."

"Okay, baby. Call me when you need something." He told her, and she told him she would.

Niall and I took our stuff and walked to the next hole. We didn't want to demand Lauren to get out of the golf cart. Actually, Niall didn't want his girlfriend to sit in something less comfortable than the golf cart.

"Damn, woman. Nonetheless, we can have some manly time now." He said while nudging with his elbow in my side.

I was keeping myself in control even though he was so happy. I didn't want to bring his happiness down by the way I felt and the mistakes I had made, which were haunting me. 

"Wonderful," I told him. I could just taste the sarcasm.

As we reached our new hole, he adjusted his shirt before he got ready to hit the golf ball. Instead of immediately hitting the white ball, he turned his body towards me. "Lauren came up with a brilliant idea; she wants to move to Los Angeles. She wants to know how it is to live here for a couple of months. After staying for approximately 5 months, she wants to head back to New York City."