23

Vicky West

I felt bubbly when we reached Harry's beautiful home. His words roamed through my mind 'our home', and - surprisingly - it felt like a home to me. Harry drove his Bentley in the garage, and we went through the backdoor. He carried his Louis Vuitton back over his shoulder, and escorted me into the house with his hand gently placed on my back.

I reminded myself that I hadn't stayed at his house for such a long time, and that I was entirely blessed to be here again. My eyes focused on Harry who placed the bag in the corner of the living room. His house was clean, and I saw some paper bags standing on the kitchen counter.

"What's that?" I wondered nicely.

"I asked my maid to do some grocery shopping before I would be back," Harry told me, and he peaked inside the bags. "I think she has everything for a dinner for two." He announced, and shot me a quick wink.

"Is this your smooth way of asking me to stay for dinner?" I questioned him.

"I am not going to answer that question, Miss West." He replied, and walked past me, but not before he stole a quick kiss.

"So..." I murmured. "How was Florida?"

"Boring," Harry responded instantly, and I chuckled by his reckless behaviour. "I mean it," Harry defended himself. "It was a stunning location, and I was fascinated by the beauty of the hotel I was staying. But the business deal I had agreed to was just boring. How has Los Angeles been treating you these las few days?"

"Not so special," I sighed. "We have been arranging things for the masked ball, that's all really. I think you are living a more unpredictable job."

"Often," Harry replied, and he opened the refrigerator to pour himself and me a glass of juice. "I talked to William, and he wants to meet-up for a late night drink. Luckily, I'll be able to spend some more time with you first."

Harry handed me the glass of juice, and I thanked him silently. We were both outrageously thirsty, and emptied the glass fast. "Well, I am glad William gave us some time for ourselves." I said out loud, and made sure our glasses were in the dishwasher. "Sadly, I have a shift at V's café tonight."

"You are still working there?" He asked me, a bit surprised by the fact I still worked for Veronica (and with Kent I guess).

"Yes," I answered him. "I need to earn my money in some way."

"You know I want to pay you triple," Harry whispered against the crook of my neck. "The offer is still standing. But before you go all rude on me, yes it's also because I don't like Kent."

"You aren't so fond of the Purdy family, I guess."

"You guessed right, love," Harry kissed my forehead gently. He started to unpack the groceries, while he explained how the owners of the Ugly Club in Florida were a real pain in the fucking ass. I laughed once in a while when he told me how he was throwing remarks at them.

Apparently, Harry, was negative the whole time.

"Why did you stay when it was absolutely horrifying for a CEO like you?" I asked. I was sitting on the kitchen counter, my feet swinging side to side. Harry was cleaning up the mess he made, since he dropped the Nutella and everything was covered in chocolate paste.

Harry got up, and pushed his long locks behind his ear. "Let me tell you something, Vicks," I saw him approaching me, and I smiled widely at him. But his facial expression made me a bit scared, so I stopped laughing. However, it was a rough thing to do since the tension had changed within a second. "I am a business man. I have money, a reputation and the looks-"