35

Vicky West

I was still thinking about what happened a couple of hours ago between Harry and I. The way he held me and pressed his body against me, made me beyond excited. My hands still wanted to touch him, and my fingertips were burning to feel his skin. But it was insanely inappropriate to drag Harry with me to the bathroom, now that we were having breakfast with my parents.

It seemed as if it had been days since the entire argument, but just some hours had passed by. Harry sat next to me, and he kept his hands away. I knew he did that just to tease me, and in the back of his head he was aware of its success.

However, I stopped thinking about Harry's impeccable body when my father took a seat in front of me. He smiled shyly at me, because he knew I wasn't thoroughly stoked to see him after last night. Still, he is my father and no matter how many mistakes he might make in my eyes... I still love him unconditionally.

My mother handed me the jam and I was busy with my breakfast. I had been hungry since the moment I woke up, and now I finally was going to eat. Harry complimented my mother for the delicious breakfast. I wanted to compliment my mom too, but my mouth was stuffed with food.

''Your aunt invited us for the family dinner tonight,'' My mother announced as she looked at me.

I swallowed the piece of bread and smiled cheerfully. ''That's nice. So the two of you will be there tonight?'' I asked her, and grabbed my mug with coffee. I almost burned my fingers.

''Well, the four of us are going actually.'' She said with an apprehensive smile.

I placed my mug back on the table. ''Oh that's-''

''Phenomenal,'' Harry finished my sentence. However, I wasn't exactly planning on saying the word Phenomenal, because my aunt was always bragging about her life. ''Lovely that she invited us to join her.'' Harry added to make this entire situation seem as desirable.

''You aren't obliged to join-'' My mother was going to the whole but-if-you-really-don't-want-to-you-don't-have-to-go-thing, and I was not accepting that.

''It's okay, mom.'' I assured her promptly. My mother at no time liked to force other people to go to a family gathering. Unquestionably with Harry in the picture, she even felt more pressure to apologize and assure us it was fine to stay home.

Anyhow, it was my duty to still tag along. My aunt consistently loved to show-off, and she expected all of us to be there. Even though, my mother was trying to convince me not showing up was all right . . . my aunt would doubtlessly call me the same evening asking me why I couldn't bloody make it.

''I feel honoured I am even invited,'' Harry tried to make the tension less awkward. ''I have always wanted to know what kind of people Vicky surrounds herself with.'' Little did Harry know that my aunt was hardly like any of us. ''Do I have to wear something formal?''

''Yeah,'' I said. ''She has this habit of making it all extravagant.'' I trailed off. Harry would not have a problem with dressing formal, because he owned more suits than casual clothes. Even so, I expected us to be dressed laid-back in Texas. Still, it wasn't a surprise that something would come up and all of the plans shifted.

''Are we picking up grandma?'' I asked mom curiously.

My mother shook her head. ''Unfortunately, no.'' She answered me. I knew my mother – well all of us – wanted grandma to join us. But she was getting older and it became more and more complicated for her to be active. ''At least, Joanne didn't tell me she is coming.''

''Joanne is my aunt,'' I whispered hastily to Harry.

After a while, we were finished with breakfast. Everyone was having one last cup of coffee before going further with what they were supposed to do. I wanted to walk around a park nearby with Harry; to show him a spot where I hung out most of the time. But that wasn't going to happen another day, because we had to purchase new clothes for me for tonight. I didn't bring anything formal.