Chapter 3

Jayleens POV:

Today was my first day at my new school and my last year of high school it was the middle of the semester as I did get kicked out at the beginning so now I'm sure I'll have to double down. I put on the stupid school uniform that we have to wear.

       The uniform how it looks at least

 I examined myself in the mirror I guess it's ok I went downstairs and was immediately greeted by the smell of cooking I went in the kitchen only to see our maid Maurice cooking the feeling of disappointment washed over me I was hoping to see my d...

I examined myself in the mirror I guess it's ok I went downstairs and was immediately greeted by the smell of cooking I went in the kitchen only to see our maid Maurice cooking the feeling of disappointment washed over me I was hoping to see my dad in there cooking I quickly brushed it off I knew by now that no matter what I do in his eyes I'll always be the reason his marriage failed I should be use to him not being home.

I grabbed my bag and was heading towards the door when Maurice called to me.

"Mrs.Aston?? Your not going to have breakfast?"

"No Maurice I'm fine I'll just pick up a muffin or something on the way there"

"But Mrs. Aston?!-" she protested in a worried tone but I just cut her off

"I have to go can't be late"

I quickly rushed out of the house before my worried maid could say anything else. I got in the car and typed in the school name on my gps before driving off  I lied when I said I was going to stop for a muffin I skipped dinner last night which might I add earned me a beating.

Flash back from yesterday after she got back from the mall late.

I walked in trying to creep and make no noise I had missed the dinner that my father had made it clear to me that I needed to be there for or else. I took my shoes off as they were making to much noise I then slowly shut and locked the door just past the front room was the stairs all I needed to do is shoot up those and I'd be to my room but fate had other plans for me. I heard someone clear their throat gaining my attention I looked towards the once pitch black living room to see that the lights was now on and my father was sitting there in a chair with a glass of whisky in one hand as he looked at me angrily.

I can tell he's drunk and mad which is never a good mix. "Jayleen!!" He yelled voice so full of anger it made me shrink in my spot. He got of of the chair and walked towards me as he got closer I could smell the alcohol all over him it was strong he quickly swallowed down the drink in his hand before throwing the glass at my head lucky I dodged it and it hit the wall instead. "You fucking disgrace all I asked was for you to show up to the fucking dinner and you can't even do that right" he said hitting me in the stomach making me fall to the ground.

I gasped for air as he knocked the wind out of me. once I got a hold of myself I spoke. "Oh come...on dad you know....I've never been good.....with following...orders" I said out of breath. I knew it wasn't the smartest idea to be back talking right now but what can I say I'm brave.