Chapter 25

Jayleen's POV:

The next day I went back to the school when I walked in people were looking at me some even whispering to one another I sighed I see yesterday's events haven't went away yet I thought to myself as I walked the halls looking for Veronica.

I ended up finding her a few hours later talking to some friends of hers at the lockers I walked over to her I thought that I'd get another unfriendly welcome and I was right. "Hey can I talk to you" I asked "She doesn't want to-" the girl was about to say but was cut off by Veronica. "It's ok Maya. Give us a minute I'll catch up with you guys later" she said Maya huffed "Fine, you make her cry again and I'll punch you this time" she said mean mugging me before she walked away I sighed and looked up at her then around at everyone else.

"Can we talk somewhere private" I asked she nodded and we walked outside the school building and to the side where no one could hear she then turned to look at me. "I should've told you and I'm sorry I understand if you don't want nothing to do with me after that" she said I shook my head "What? No I actually wanted to apologize a friend helped me see the situation for what it was and I was the one in the wrong" I said before taking a breath.

"Look I can't say that if I had known I would have called it off because it wouldn't be true honestly I probably would've kept going anyways with no regard of how you'd feel after truth is I was in a bad place when you caught me I shouldn't have never agreed to take you back to that hotel it was wrong and I know I can't take it back so I wanted to ask you..." I said trailing off she looked at me waiting for my question.

"I wanted to ask you if you'd go on an actual date with me I actually enjoyed our conversation before everything happened and I wouldn't mind having more, it's fine if your not into me that way though I knew it was a long shot-" I started to say but was cut off by the feeling of her lips on mine, I couldn't help but kiss her back then after a moment she pulled away with a smile on her face. "Yes of course I'll go on a date with you, I've liked you since the day we first met and the moment we had in the bathroom I couldn't get you out of my head after and to be honest I wanted to ask you out before that night at the hotel I just kept getting scared and backing out" she said I smiled as I looked at her.

"So how about this weekend I'll plan our whole day and pay so you don't have to worry about a thing just let me show you a good time it's the least I could do" I said she smiled "Okay what time?" She asked "6:00pm I'll pick you up here just text me your address" I said garbing a pin from my pocket and writing my number on the back of her hand before kissing it she chuckled and I smiled.

A day later we went on our date I treated her differently then I was use to treating women all that pulling her chair out for her and opening the car door you know all that gentlewoman stuff I don't usually do probably because I never take women I've slept with on dates let alone call them back or make an effort to see them again.  Something about this was definitely different thought I  actually enjoyed all of it and didn't feel trapped. I drove her home after the date.

Once we both got out of the car I walked her up to her door. "I had a great time" she said and I smiled. "So did I" I said as it went quiet nothing but the sounds of cricket's could be heard just then she spoke again. "Sooo I should go inside" she said "yeah..." I said she then moved closer to me before giving me a quick kiss on the lips. "Call me later?" She asked and I nodded. "Sure will" I said waving as she made her way to the front door and opened it before going inside. I waited to hear the click letting me know that she locked it before leaving the porch and making my way to my car.

The next few months were spent with her we went on many different dates and even started to hang out at each other's house it was nice and Veronica really was a truly amazing girl.