Chapter 16

Diana's POV :
Two weeks later

I sat at my desk grading the last few papers before going home. I haven't seen Jayleen for two weeks because she hasn't been in school for two week her grades were dropping in every class,  she was inches away from failing and not graduating this year. I sighed looking at the screen of my laptop I can't call her because I don't have her number. I also tried calling her father multiple times but got no answers and And my sister told me her brother said he hasn't seen her lately. I sighed taking my glasses off and leaning back in my chair and that's when it hit me I could just pull her address from the main office I needed some way to get in contact with her and this was the only way I could think of. I packed my laptop up and the rest of my things grabbing my jacket and then leaving the class room. I decided to stop at the front office on my way out.

I got to the office and immediately went up to the desk just in time to because the lady looked like she was getting ready to leave before she saw me. "Hi how can I help you?" She asked "can I get the home address of Jayleen Astor?" I asked she nodded and went over to her computer typing for a moment before writing something down on a piece of paper and bringing it over to me. "Here it says here it was recently changed this should be the correct address" she said I grabbed the paper "thank you" I said she smiled "Your welcome" she replied before going back to gathering her things. I left the school going straight to my car in a hurry, looking at the address I noticed it was only 3 streets around the corner from my house. When I got there I parked in front the place was pretty big it was like a penthouse and house house mixed. I walked up to the door and gave it 3 hard knocks before stepping back.

A few seconds later the door swung open and I came face to face with Jayleen who was dressed and grey joggers and a white Tank top, I'd be lying if I said she didn't look uncontrollably attractive right now. she looked at me with a shocked look on her face. "Diana?!" She said. "What are you doing here" she continued. I cleared my throat "You haven't been to school and your off track for graduation" I said she Shrugged. "Yeah about that I'm dropping out" she said I frowned my eyebrows at her "What do you mean your dropping out?!" I asked "I'm simply not going to school anymore I'm done" she said I shook my head before stepping closer to her "that's incredibly stupid you literally only have a few months left and your going to drop out?!" I said she sighed. "I-" she started to say but was cut off by a gorgeous woman coming up behind her and laying a hand on her shoulder for some reason seeing that made me jealous. "I'm going to get going see you later?" She said "Yeah" said Jayleen with a smile as the gorgeous woman walked down the steps and pass me all the way to her car in which was parked in Jayleen's driveway.

"I um didn't know you had company" I said "we're not a thing" she replied immediately causing me to look up at her for a moment. I cleared my throat. "Why are you telling me that" I asked. "Because your still my mission" she said folding her arms and smirking at me. "I'm no ones mission Miss Astor" I said "Your right" she said stepping closer to me till she was hovering over me. "Your so much more then that". She said with a smile her dimples very visible and her words making my heart skip a beat. We gazed into each other's eyes standing there my eyes dropping down to her lips every chance they got. they were so pink and plump i wonder how they taste. I thought to myself , just then I shook my head slightly before stepping away and clearing my throat once again.

"You shouldn't dropout your not a great student but your not a bad one either I believe you can still graduate your smarter then you know so with that being said" I said before handing her a package of work. "Here this is your finals I was originally going to give it to you on the 2nd to last day of school but I'll allow you to do it now, Get that in to me on time and if you do well on it you'll pass. In case you change your mind" I said she looked at the work in her hand then back up at me. "I won't" she said as I was walking away I just ignored her as I got in my car and pulled off.

The next day:
3rd person POV

Diana sat in her classroom waiting for her first hour class. She found herself watching the door secretly hoping that Jayleen would be the first to walk in. Hoping That shed change her mind and see that her choice was stupid. Diana felt like  something was starting to bloom in her she just didn't know rather if that something was feelings for Jayleen or just an attraction to the attentions she gives her. She was confused and frustrated if they are feelings then they were surely unwanted she can't lose her job her career for a person who's feelings she doesn't even know is real. this could just be a mer child with a crush one that will fade in due time a childish attraction in which could easily be replaced with something or someone else.

As Diana was lost in thought someone walked in. "Miss Collins" said the voice snapping Diana out of her daze. She looked up to see one of her last hour students named Veronica. "Miss Hills? What are you doing here this isn't your hour" she said looking at the girl curiously. "I I know I just needed to ask you if you seen Jayleen i know you have her first hour and I wanted to ask her something um ....important" said the girl before a bright red blush ran up her cheeks Which clearly showed that the girl was fond of Jayleen.

"No I haven't" said Diana as she put on a smile that was mostly forced. "Right well um if you do-" she said but Diana stopped her finishing her sentence for her. "I'll let her know you stopped by" she said Veronica gave Diana a half smile before leaving the room. Diana sighed as she leaned back In her chair. A few minutes later students started to pour into her classroom all immediately taking a seat awaiting Diana's directions.

As Diana was nearly at the end of her lesson the bell rang causing all the students to get up and pack their things. Usually this was the part where she asks for last nights homework but her mind was elsewhere at the moment thinking about Jayleen and how she didn't show up like Diana had hoped. Once all the students were gone Diana sat down at her Rex before opening her laptop. Just as she was about to get a head start on grading her students work there was a knock on the door frame of her classroom.

"I guess I'm really late huh" said an all so familiar voice causing Diana to look up. As excited as Diana was to see her she still decided to play hardball. "Your late" she said folding her arms as she looked at Jayleen who rubbed the back of her neck and smiled sheepishly at her. "I know By the time I got done with these your class was already ending" she said holding up the package of work I gave her. Diana wanted to smile but she controlled it keeping her angry face. "Well because you got here at late I think that maybe I should make you work some more" said Diana teasingly trying to get a reaction out of Jayleen but got the opposite instead. "Ugh fine what did you have in mind your bed or mine" she said biting her bottom lip in a way that made Diana start to feel hot. as she looked Diana up and down. "Neither" said Diana seriously "Hmm I see so your more of a do it on the desk type of women I like it" said Jayleen with a smirk.

"That's not what I- never mind" said Diana giving up which made Jayleen smile satisfied. With her victory. "Just give me that work" said Diana. Jayleen then walked over with a goofy smile on her face as she handed Diana the work package. Jayleen watched as she scanned through the work. She couldn't tell if she had messed up and did it wrong or got it all right because Diana's facial expression was so hard to read. Jayleen stood there nervously as she waited for Diana to tell her if she passed. Becoming impatient Jayleen cleared her throat loudly.

"So" she said causing Diana to look up at her. She signed before looking up at Jayleen.

"You -......."

________________________________

End of chapter:
Question for the day: Do you think Jayleen passed??