Chapter 35

Jayleen's POV;

I opened the front door to my penthouse with a sigh. I couldn't stop thinking about what happened with Diana. I don't know why her saying she loved me affected me so much, had she said it a few months earlier when we first started doing whatever this is I would've been able to avoid it with the excuse that it's too early. but I can't now as we've been doing this title less relationship for a while now.

I should be happy that she feels that way about me yet I can't seem to bring myself to smile. Why is it that when i think about that word love things around me become so dark. "Oh your home" said my brother Jordan. "You don't sound too happy about that" I said raising an eyebrow at him and I took off my jacket and shoes. He sighed "No I'm sorry it's not you I've just been thinking" he said. "About?" I asked  "I'm still the heir to the company but I wonder how long that will last once our father find out about the divorce that's going to happen soon" he said. I sat down on the couch next to him. "Not very long I presume after all he was the one who forced you into that marriage in the first place, he's selfish" I replied Jordan shook his head. "It wasn't like that he just wanted to secure my spot in the company and group" he said i looked at him briefly before letting out an annoyed sigh. "Why do you always defend him?" I asked in confusion in an irritated tone. "What are you taking about?" Asked Jordan "You've always been like this since we were kids he'd hit you when you made a mistake during your studies and you'd say he just wants what's best for you or when he'd force you to go on dates with girls even though you knew you were gay, you do whatever he say and you never put blac on him for is actions" I explained Jordan frowned slightly at me.

"Jayleen-" he said but I cut him off "to tell you the truth at one point of time it made me hate you a little" I said. It went silent for a moment but then Jordan decided to speak. "Do you still feel like that?" He asked in a gloomy tone. I looked at his upset expression and sighed softly. "Of course not you big dummy I was young I didn't understand, actually I still don't understand but I don't have those feelings anymore your my big brother and you've always had my back I could never truly hate you" I said he looked relieved at my words as he cleared his throat.

"Anyways I know your probably tired of me taking up space in your penthouse, I would rather start looking for an apartment but since the divorce is in process all of our shared accounts has been frozen until our lawyers properly help us divide or assets up" he explained I shrugged "You can stay here as long as you want since you've been here I've eaten full meals, and saved money on not having to pay a maid to do the cleaning plus you do all the errands and keep the refrigerator stocked, your like a free maid" I said as I leaned back comfortably in my seat. "Well now that I know that I think I'm going to have to start charging you for my service" he said I rolled my eyes and sighed "if you must I'm not opposed to it it's only fair I guess" I said. "How does 350 a month sound?" I added. "I was just kidding but when you put it like that, that could work I am basically broke at the moment" he said. "Well it's settled then here's your first payment" I said pulling out my wallet and giving him 350 dollars from it.

He raised an eyebrow at me "You just carry around large amounts of cash like this?" He asked. "Of course not I'm not an idiot I pulled this off my card yesterday for something else" I explained he made a o shape with his mouth before tucking the money away into his wallet. "Alright, one more thing you need to also start leaving money for household items and food, I won't be using my payment to buy them" he said I sighed and pulled out one of my cards the green one to be exact. "Here use this for all that, this is the card I was using for buying take out and self care products before you got here but now it can be used for whatever we both use daily" I said.

"Ok I'll go to the grocery store today, should I make you a plate for dinner tonight or are you going to sleep at that mystery girls house tonight?" He asked teasingly. "I know you're trying to tease me but at the moment that won't work, no I'm not going to-" I started to say but the sound of the doorbell ringing stopped me mid sentence.

I got up and answered the door, opening it only to see Veronica standing there. "Veronica?!" I said shocked she then suddenly warped her arms around me hugging me tightly I was shocked and glued to my spot for a moment but the trembling of her body brought me out of it. "I- I told my parents everything and my dad kicked me out" she said crying in my arms.

____________________________________

End of chapter: