Chapter 21

Jayleen's POV:

After about 2 weeks of being in the hospital I was finally able to go home my brother Jordan was helping me get my things after bringing me a fresh set of clothes. "Ugh finally this hospital was killing me I need a burger I haven't had a decent male since i got here" I said Jordan chuckled and I raised an eyebrow at him "I'm glad my suffering is amusing to you" I said as he zipped up my bag before looking at me with a serious look on his face. "What will really be amusing is when they catch the dick who shot you" he said balling up his fist for a moment before un balling them. "Anyways I think it would be best if you stayed with me and Alexia just until they catch the guy" he said I sighed "That's nice of you big bro but your house isn't that big it's only fit for you and Alexia there's no room for me" I said as I walked towards the door he followed.

"Then we'll make room I just don't feel right letting you go back to that house alone plus the doctors said you should have someone with you, when something this traumatic happen to a person it tends to leave behind PTSD" he said I huffed "I can assure you brother my mind is my own there's no fear lurking around up here" I said pointing to my head before turning around and continuing to walk all the way out of the hospital.

We got outside the hospital and to his car I reached for the door handle but Jordan stopped me causing me to turn around and look at him. "I'm serious Jayleen PTSD isn't just fear and when you start exhibiting signs of it-" he said "if I start exhibiting signs of it" I said cutting him off and correcting him you could tell he was getting annoyed by the look on his face combined with the way he clutches his teeth. "You shouldn't be alone" he said finishing his sentence I sighed loudly.

"Jordan Hear me and hear me well I am ok I don't need a babysitter, aside from the stitches I'm not in any real pain my mind and I are both in perfect condition" he said "Ok but the moment that changes promise me you'll tell me and that you'll ask and accept help I know how you get when it comes to that" he said I sighed my brother knew me better then I knew myself so there was really no way around it. "Fine" I said reaching for the car door but was stopped once again. "Jayleen.." he said looking at me with worry in his eyes I huffed "I said I will what do you want me to do pinky promise" I said he sighed and let go of my arm allowing me to finally get in the car.

We got to my house and I opened the door we walked in and Jordan took my things to my room. I took off my shoes and my jacket putting it on the coat rack before walking to the stairs. As I was about to go up I caught a glimpse of the living room and stopped dead in my tracks there was a large blood stain in my carpet it seems as though the crime scene cleaners wasn't able to get it out. For some reason I couldn't stop myself from going all the way into the living room.

As I looked at each spot of blood it was like flashes of what happened hit me. I found myself staring at one spot on the carpet the longest hearing Diana's pleading cry's and his voice all at once, just then i felt a touch on my shoulder causing me to flinch before realizing it was just Jordan. "Hey..... you ok" he asked looking at me concerned I clear my throat before looking at him and smiling. "Yeah I'm fine just wondering how the hell I'm going to get that out of my carpet" I said but I could tell he didn't fully believe me by the suspicious look he was giving me. "Well I'm beat I'm going to go take a shower and a nap call me when you get home?" I said changing the subject before he could say anything else about it.

"Yeah........" he said looking at me. I ignored his suspicious stares and made my way up the stairs before hiding on the side of the way listening for the sound of the door shutting so that I'd know he really left. Just then I heard the front door open and close letting me know that he had left I then went to my room and looked from the window making sure he pulled out of the driveway. Once I had watched him take off down the road I flopped down on my bed and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.