Chapter 29

Jayleen's POV:

I was brushing my teeth in the bathroom when I heard a knock at the door. I rolled my eyes assuming it was Veronica, I made my way to the front door to answer it. "When I said don't call or text me I didn't mean show up to my hou-" I said stopping mid sentence once I swung the door open and saw that it was my brother and not Veronica. "Jordan?" I said looking at him, he looked like shit like he had been crying all night or something and he smelt like garbage. "Hey man you good?" I asked looking at him, "Could I stay here for a little while" he asked looking ashamed to even be asking me this. Usually I'd mess with him but by the look on his face he seriously needed help. "Yeah sure man" I said moving to the side and letting him in. He sat his duffel bag on the couch then sat down next to it I looked at him as he rubbed his head down his face. After a moment of looking at him in his very depressing state I went to the kitchen to finish brushing my teeth before going back over and sitting on one of the couch chairs across from him. "Ok you look like shit and you smell like shit which is very new for you so what's going on?" I asked. "Alexia she um found out" he said "About you? How?!" I asked "I don't know, she kicked me out, said she couldn't do this anymore" he said hanging his head low

"It's ok I'm sure divorce papers will be following soon then you'll finally be free" I said he looked up at me In Disbelief. "What?! Isn't that what you've always wanted?" I asked "Not like this" he said "Well what did you expect her to do? Congratulate you?!, you wasted years of her life and  you didn't give her anything in return not even a child" I said. He stood up and grabbed his bag, "You know what forget it I'll find a hotel" he said I sighed and stopped him. "No wait come on man I apologize, I know this is hard for you as well but it's a good thing she found out think about it you were never going to be the man she needed and she was never going to be well....a man" I said with a shrug as I slowly guided my brother back to the couch to sit down before going to the kitchen and grabbing two glasses and a bottle of scotch whisky. I poured a glass and tried to hand it to him but he refused it, "I'm not drinking early in the morning it's unhealthy" he said. "Drink the whisky or your stanky ass will be sleeping on the curb tonight" I said he looked at me for a moment before finally taking the glass. I smiled and then went to pour myself a glass before going back over to him "Have you even had breakfast yet?" He asked twisting up his face. "Shut up and drink, it'll help a little trust me I'm an expert when it comes to day drinking" I said "I wouldn't say that so proudly" he said as he took a sip I chuckled at the face he made after as he sat the cup on my coffee table.

"I need a distraction, So tell me about this girlfriend of yours, I thought she'd be here" he said looking around then back at me. I cleared my throat "About that, I'm single again" I said leaning back in my chair he looked at me with a not so surprised look. "Honestly I had a feeling that wouldn't last long" he said I frowned "Excuse me?!" I said getting offended "Don't take offense Jayleen you just not the commitment type" he said I rolled my eyes "That's wasn't even the case" I said smugly "So what happened then you cheated and she found out?" He asked. "You know what I'm going to choose not to take offense to your assumptions because you sad and depressed right now, but no that did not happen" I said he looked at me shocked "Oh" he said "Yeah actually I Broke up with her yesterday night, turns out she's not only a closeted gay but ashamed of me being intersex" I said before taking a big sip of my drink downing it in one go before looking at him waiting for his response.

"Wow" he said shaking his head "Yeah" I replied "how did you find out" he asked "I met her parents and she introduced me as a friend and not her girlfriend then she outright told me that she's ashamed of the fact that I'm intersex" I said with a shrug. "That sucks, but maybe see if from her prospective" he said I shook my head "No, I don't care what her prospective is I'm not hiding, I promised myself that I'd never hid like that again you know how uncomfortable I was when dad tried to hide that fact about me when I was younger" I said "Speaking of have you talked to him?" He asked I shook my head before standing up. "No and I don't plan on it when I told you I was done with that man I meant it" I said putting my cup in the kitchen sink. "Anyways I'm going to take a shower and pick up breakfast once I'm out I suggest you do the same you smell like ass" I said before going to the bathroom to take my shower.

I Went to a nearby restaurant a picked up an order to go as I was walking to my car I bumped into someone who almost made me drop it. "Damn man watch where your going" I said before looking up only to see Diana standing there. We stood there for a moment just staring at each before I snapped out of my shock and scoffed then turning away, of course it's her because the universe just doesn't want to give me break I thought as I was about to walk away I heard her voice.

"Your brother how is he?" She asked I turned around with a confused look on my face. "What?" I said "My sister wanted to know that he was somewhere safe is he with you?" She asked. "Yeah but I don't know why she cares so much she was the one who kicked him out in the first place" I said. "It's not what you think he's..." she said but stopped herself. "Never mind" she said as it then went quiet for a moment.

"I should get going I have a busy day" I said she cleared her throat "Yeah, right me to" she said giving me a small smile in which I didn't return before turning to leave again. "Wait before you leave" she said stopping me once again I turned around with an annoyed look on my face. "I'm sorry for out I treated you that day" she said I looked at her surprised at her apology but didn't know what to say. "It's fine I guess" I said. "I want to make it up to you, how about I buy us coffee and we go to my house to talk?" She asked "I don't drink coffee" I said "then tea" she said "I don't drink tea" I replied "Ok wine then" she said desperately. I sighed "Make it whiskey and we have a deal" I said. "I'm not going you alcohol your 18" she said. "It'll just be me and you there, no one will know" I said "I will" she replied. I shrugged "Well I guess I won't be there" I said about to walk away until she said something.

"One glass" she said "Deal" I replied before turning around and leaving.