Chapter 24

Jayleen's POV:

As I was walking down the hall I noticed Veronica and her friends standing at the lockers I was about to wave when one of them came storming over not even giving me a chance to speak before striking me across the face hard in front of half the school. I stood there in shocked as I touched the spot she slapped.

"Your a real piece of shit I had a feeling you were a no good hoe when I met you and what you did proved my point" she said I looked at her confused. "What the actual fuck are you talking about" I asked looking at her with my eyebrows frowned. "Don't play stupid dirty dick I told her you looked like a player yet she chose to believe otherwise that was until you took her V card and ghosted her for two week" said Maya with a pissed off look on her face.

"You telling me she was a virgin?" I asked Maya rolled her eyes "Tch don't act like you didn't know" she said i looked over her shoulder at Veronica to see her looking at me as well.  I said nothing instead I just shook my head and looked back at Maya. "Your friend didn't tell you everything maybe you should go chat with her some more" I said as my face went blank and she gave me a confused look before looking at Veronica. I turned around about to leave but spotted Diana standing down the hall by her class room door we locked eyes for a moment before I turned away and left the building.

I was going to go straight home but then I found myself outside of a bar. I walked inside and took a seat at the counter it wasn't packed like it usually was at night but at the same time it wasn't not packed. Just then a guy came walking over, it was Zane. "What can I get you-" he said but stopped when he noticed it was me. "Oh it's you again" he said but I said nothing instead I just sat there looking down at the counter. "Oh I see it's one of those, heavy coming right up" he said before leaving to get something from the back I sighed and looked at the time on my phone.

It was the middle of the day and I was at a bar drinking, this gotta be what rock bottom looks like. Just then Zane came back out with a bottle in hand and two glasses he sat them both down and poured a drink for me before pouring another.

"For you?" I asked dryly he sat the bottle down "Yes but I won't drink it I'm on the clock I'll just hold it while you tell me why your looking like someone just killed your puppy that way you won't look like another pathetic person spilling your problems to a bartender and more like your talking to an old friend". Zane was a great friend you could say my first best friend the only reason I stopped coming here was because my dad found out and forbid me However I stopped talking to him on my own because I knew if my dad got ahold of him he'd ruin his life and I didn't want that to happen because of me.

"I take it everything didn't go so well with that beauty from the other night honestly I was jealous when she left with you and not me I thought my charm was enough to seal her from you but I guess not" he said I looked at him and sighed "Ah I see I'm right on the nose so what did you do to the poor girl" he said leaning against the counter and placing an elbow on it before resting his chin on his hand as he looked at me waiting for me to answer. "Why do you just assume I did anything?" I asked he shrugged "because rather you like to admit it or not your an asshole especially when it comes to women you're a female womanizer.

For some reason his words irritated me no matter the truth to them. "Could you not call me that" I said he put up an hand "Hey I wasn't trying to offend you honestly it's nothing to be ashamed of you like it casual I actually envy you I can't help but fall head over hills for every girl I meet being a hopeless romantic suck" he said "I bet but my life isn't nothing to envy" I said. "Bullshit every woman I met would much rather causal anyways in reality woman or way more insensitive then man just the other week I was a victim of a fuck and dump made breakfast for us and the brown haired cutie I went home went was gone when I came back" he said I found myself letting out a snicker trying not to laugh. "So not funny still wondering how she got pass me with me noticing" he said I chuckled "It's a skill man" I said and he rolled his eyes "yeah a damn hurtful one" he said causing me to laugh and so did he.

"I'm glad your smiling instead of looking like a sick dog now you ready to tell me what happened that had you looking like that" he said I sighed taking a spit from my glass. "Where do I even start" I said "From the beginning I got all day" he said and I sighed "Alright buckle up" I said.

I told Zane everything from the thing with my dad to how I got shot and almost died all the way to my feelings for Diana and recent events with Veronica. "Damn that's a lot man so which one do you want advice on your love affairs or your family affairs?" He asked "definitely not my family affairs I'm done with that so called dad of mine I mean I knew he never gave a fuck about me but him not visiting me at the hospital showed that his words were true" I said taking another sip of my drink.

"So live affairs it is" he said and I shrugged "knock yourself out " I said as I looked at him waiting for him to say something. He stood up straight. "Ok so first things with this Diana woman sounds complicated especially when you look at it from her view I mean an older woman with and 18 year old is a bit unusual but not illegal that is until you get to the part about her being your high school teacher" he explained I looked at him as if to say go on. "Now on the other hand things with this Veronica sounds less complicated and more like you need to apologize" he said "I need to apologize?! She didn't tell me she was a damn Virgin I asked her Multiple times if she wanted to continue and every time she said yes so let's not sit here and pretend like I forced myself in her I'm not some rapist" I said getting pissed he sighed "Jay come on you know I'm not calling you that I know what type of person you are and that's not it can I finish?" He asked I sighed "I'm sorry go ahead" I said.

"Ok now look even though that was the case you still got to understand you took something special from her in a dirty hotel room even though she agreed you still should've realized that she deserved better you said she helped you before and that she was an acquaintance of yours yet you still treated her like a cheap hooker" he explained I scoffed "I didn't treat her like a cheap hooker" I said "Dude you literally left money and a note before ditching her and leaving her alone naked In a hotel room anything could've happened" he said my mouth hung open a bit "oh my god your right" I said slapping an hand on my forehead.

"Yeah you know for you to Genetically be a girl you sure do act more like a man pleasuring your needs and not giving a damn about the woman you hurt after, if you weren't my friend I'd punch you right now" he said

"Yeah I'd probably let you that was pretty dickish of me" I said with a sigh "Agreed" said Zane "So an apology should suffice right?" I asked "Maybe thrown in a gift" he said I chuckled and so did he. "Got it" I replied "Oh and by the way Veronica sounds like an amazing girl maybe you shouldn't pass her up for a chance with a woman who may never see you the way you see her that's a heart break waiting to happen and I'm speaking from experience" he said before walking to the back and leaving me alone with my thoughts.

He's right I should give things with her a shot thats assuming she even likes me like that. She's a good person and we have one thing in common that being our complicated family's plus she around my age so I stand a better chance these feelings for Diana will destroy me if we keep they way we're going it's like every time we gets close she pulls away and honestly I'm tired of it I'm tired of her.