Chapter 18

3rd person:

They arrived at the hospital and immediately rushed in. "Ok what do we got" asked the doctor "18 year old mixed female gun shot wound to abdomen on the left side, she's lost a lot of blood" said the EMT before the doctors took over pushing . "Ok we're going to need you to let go of her hand" said one doctor Diana looked towards the EMT unsure if it was ok, the EMT nodded and Diana took a deep breath before slowly letting go, after she did the machines started to go off and the doctors rushed her to the OR.

Diana waited in the waiting room looking at her hands in which were covered in dried up blood her clothes as well. She sat there in a chair her leg bouncing up and down repeatedly in a fast motion. Just then the hospital doors opened and two people walked in going straight to the front desk. "I'm here for Jayleen Astor I'm her brother" he said. Diana heard those words and immediately looked up only to see her sister Alexia standing there as well. Her and her sister locked eyes and Alexia immediately came running over to her squatting down in front of her chair. "Oh my god what happened? Is this your blood ?" She questioned with an worried look on her face. "I-um no it-it's um Jayleen's" I said my hands still Shaky Alexia noticed and immediately took hold of them getting in the seat next to Diana before warping her arms around her pulling her into a hug. Once she did Diana immediately started to cry they sat like this for a few minutes until Diana had stopped crying.

Just as Diana was wiping her eyes Jordan had came walking over. Alexia stood up "what did they say?" She asked "that she's in surgery and they won't know more until she gets out" he said running an hand down his Face. "She's make it I know she will" said Alexia holding his hand he nodded then his eyes landed on Diana who he hadn't noticed was there until now. "I'm sorry but who are you?" He asked Diana stood up. "I'm Jayleen's teacher and Alexia's sister" said Diana "Oh right I've heard a lot about you from Alexia I'm sorry we're meeting like this I really wish it was under better circumstances" he said with a sigh.

"I talked to the police before I came in and they told me you were with there when it all happened?" He asked Diana shook her head "No I was with her after she had gotten shot" said Diana she. "Well thank you" said Jordan Diana looked at him confused as to why he was thanking her, Jordan noticed and quickly explained. "They also told me you did a pretty good stitch up job on her and if you hadn't she would've died before the EMTs had arrived" said Jordan Diana gave him and half smile.

Just then a doctor came walking up to them causing them all to turn and face him. "Which one of you Is Jordan Astor?" He questioned "Me I am is my sister ok?" Asked Jordan "The bullet moved closer to her spinal cord which made it very difficult to remove without paralyzing her, during the surgery we bumped her spinel cord on accident while trying to remove the bullet but we still managed to do so" said the doctor Jordan sighed a breath of relief "So she'll live?" He asked "Yes she'll need a lot of physical therapy and will need to use a wheelchair to get around temporarily until she's fully healed, now it says here that she lives alone?" Asked the doctor Jordan shook his head "I- I guess so" he said with an confused expression which told Diana that he had no idea about what's been going on with Jayleen. "Well she'll need a lot of help recovering should we contact her parents" asked The doctor Jordan shook his head no. "That won't be necessary she's 18 and I'm her brother I've got her" he said the doctor nodded then handed him a clipboard. "Ok we'll need your information here" he said Jordan grabbed the clipboard and signed it quickly before handing it back. "Thank you, I'll have a nurse come back to get you to see her once she's been put into the ICU for over night care until she's able to breathe strongly on her own without an ventilator" he explained Jordan nodded "Ok thank you doctor" he said the doctor smiled before walking away.

Alexia then turned towards me. "You've been here almost all night you should go home and take a shower maybe eat something" suggested Diana's sister. Diana agreed, "ok but after I see her" said Diana Alexia sighed.

After about and hour or two a nurse came out to bring them to the back to see Jayleen. They all went inside the room. When Diana seen Jayleen just laying there she felt relief, relief that she was alive relief because she was ok, Diana walked over and grabbed her hand while she looked at her unconscious face. Alexia seen this and started to wonder if something more was going on between her Sister in law and her sister. She knows Diana like the back of her hand and the way she looks at Jayleen says a lot.

After the visit Diana had agreed to let Alexia take her home. On the car ride home Diana couldn't shake this feeling like her sister wanted to ask her something but hadn't yet. "You've been acting weird you ok?" Asked Diana "Yeah I'm fine I just- never mind" said Alexia Diana looked at her confused . "Alexia what's on your mind" questioned Diana. Alexia sighed loudly, "Are you- Are you in love with Jayleen?" Asked Alexia catching Diana completely off guard her eyes snapping towards her. "I-no why would you even think that?" Asked Diana looking at her in disbelief. "Come on Diana I'm your sister you don't have to lie to" she said glancing over at Diana with a sincere look. Diana sighed she's knew she needed to talk to someone about this but she was afraid of what her sister may think of her, even so she still made the choice to trust her sister and tell her anyways.

Diana took a deep breath before speaking. "I don't know, the answer to your question should be no because she's a child but for some reason but it's not. I-I think I'm developing feelings for her, today when I seen her laying there half dead it-it almost broke me it felt as if my heart had just stopped beating with her" said Diana Alexia found herself smiling Which Diana seen when she looked up at her. "Diana That's sounds like love to me" said Alexia Diana shook her head. "Maybe I was just worried about my student that's all" said Diana "you can't keep denying your feelings" said Alexia "she's a child" said Diana Alexia glanced at her before going back to the road. "Jayleen is no child she may act like one at times"
Said Alexia "all the time" said Diana Alexia correcting her Alexia chuckled "yes all the time but she knows what she wants and if your what she's been pursuing then there's definitely something there so why not explore it" said Alexia with a shrug. Diana looked at her shocked "you don't find it weird" she asked Alexia just shook her head.

"No she's of legal age why would it be?" Asked Alexia,"Gee I don't know maybe because she's my student and basically my sister in law" said Diana. "Well shes a senior so she'll be graduating soon and for that last one you shouldn't worry so much my marriage to Jordan may not last for long" she said sighing sadly Diana looked over at her. "Why'd you say that? Did he cheat? Did you cheat?" Asked Diana Alexia shook her head rapidly.

"No No nothing like that it's just um I think he may be gay.........."

________________________________