Chapter 36

Jayleen's POV:

I ended up letting her come in and my brother left a few seconds ago to the grocery store so it was only the two of us. "I don't have any other dinks at the moment so is sweet tea fine?" I asked "Yes" she replied with a sniffle. I grabbed two cold sweet teas from the refrigerator and walked over to the living room where she was and handed it to her.

She took a sip then wiped the tears from her face before looking up at me. I couldn't bring myself to turn her away at the door because even though we dated for a short time I still cared for her. "I don't know what to do I told my parents that I liked girls and that you and I are together and my father kicked me after a heated argument with me" she explained before she started to Cry again on my shoulder. "Now I have no where to go and the only person I could think of was you" she said looking up at me teary eyed before she suddenly grabbed my face and kissed me. I was shocked at first but Diana popped into my mind and I immediately pulled away.

"What are you doing?!" I asked as I stood up from the couch. "What? I missed you am I not allowed to kiss my girlfriend?" She asked. I looked at her genuinely confused we weren't together I thought I made that clear. "I don't understand we're not together so why did you tell your family we were?" I asked confused she looked at me shocked as if I had just delivered new information to her. "What?, Jayleen it was one mistake you can't really want to break up with me over that?" She asked.

"Veronica I meant what I said, I don't want to be with you, you lied to me" I said "I never lied to you I just never told you" she said as if it was nothing.

"And did it ever cross your mind to do so?, you forced me to go meet your family I never wanted to and the first place" I replied. "I never forced you" she said "then what do you call constantly pressuring someone?" I asked. "Please I didn't come here to argue" she said as she stood up and walked over to me touching my arm slightly. "I want you to make me forget" she said in a seductive voice as she went to reach for my belt to undo it but I stopped her gripping her wrist. "I'm not your sex toy go find a man maybe you'd be less embarrassed of him" I said before throwing her hand off of me. "Leave" I continued, she gave me a look of disbelief  "I came out to my family for you" she said. "I never asked you to do that, that was a choice you made months after we were already broken up it's not my fault you misunderstood me, your not my responsibility" I said folding my arms across my chest.

It was silent as she looked at me but I kept my cold expression until finally she left. Once she was gone I locked my door and flopped down on the couch. That entire conversation was exhausting.

____________________________________

End of chapter:
Question for the day: Was Jayleen in the wrong?