Chapter 19

3rd person:

"No, No nothing like that it's just um I think he may be gay.........." said Alexia Diana's eyes snapped towards her.

"What? How do you know?" Asked Diana "A few days ago I was cleaning the house like I always do on Sundays and as I was straightening up the bathroom, I noticed a box behind the toilet curious to know why there was a box with a lid on it hidden behind the toilet I opened it only to see that it was full of magazines with pictures of half-naked men in it" Alexia explained Diana's eyes widened. "May- Maybe it isn't what you think maybe he was just browsing for new underwear" said Diana trying to reassure her sister.

"I want to think the same, but this isn't the first time I've found something with men on it tucked away in his things" said Alexia Diana was stunned she didn't know what to say. "It makes sense now why whenever I brought up having a baby, he would get so weird or whenever I tried to be intimate with him, he'd say he's tired we haven't had sex in years ever since our wedding night" said Alexia Diana looked at her "years?!" She repeated "yes years he hasn't touched or even looked at me sexually in years I've been pleasuring myself but even so there's only so much self-stimulation a woman can take before it stops feeling good you know" she said Diana just touched her sister's arm as she stopped the car before looking at her.

"I know it may not seem like it now, but you'll survive the divorce....... I did" said Diana looking at her sister Before kissing her cheek, "thank you" said Alexia Diana just smiled before getting out of the car and waving bye to her sister. She walked in her house and immediately went to shower. As the warm water ran down her face and she closed her eyes flashes of what happened kept clouding her mind she opened her eyes quickly her breathing getting have, she quickly grabbed her towel and warped it around herself putting her hands on both sides of her sink and looking in the mirror.

What ifs kept coming up in her head, what if she didn't get there sooner, what if she had, what if she never picked up that phone, what if she dies. Was all her mind could think about.

Diana sighed as she made her way to her bedroom, she was so tired she didn't even bother to get dressed she just got underneath her covers in nothing but her towel and fell fast asleep.

The next morning:

She woke up to the sound of her phone ringing she reached over to her nightstand and grabbed it. she was still half asleep, so it took her a few minutes to realize it was her sister calling. after a moment she answered the phone, "Hello?" she said "Jayleen's awake and asking for you" she said Diana jumped up out of bed almost immediately. "I'll be there in a few" she said before hanging up. Diana took a shower brushed her teeth and hair then quickly got dressed. her car was still in the shop, so she had to call a cab. a few minutes later she arrived at the hospital. she made her way inside immediately going to the front desk. "Hi, can I help you?" asked the woman at the front desk "yes um I'm looking for a Jayleen Ashor" said Diana the woman then went to her computer and started typing. just as she was doing so Jorden Jayleen's brother came walking over "Diana' " he said Diana turned around. "Jordan? I didn't know where to find you is my sister here" Diana asked " yes, she went to the cafeteria to get something to eat she should be back soon" he said as it then went silent all Diana could think about when she looked at him was what her and her sister talked about when she brought her home yesterday.

how can he be gay? he's the straights looking guy I've ever seen so she thought to herself as she looked at him. just then Jordan waved a hand in front of her face "Hey you, ok?" he asked looking at her worriedly. Diana cleared her throat. "Yeah, sorry could you show me what room Jayleen is in?" she asked. "Yeah, I was just heading that way follow me " he said. they walked through the hospital halls till they made it to Jayleen's room. "Knock, Knock" said Jordan mot actually knocking. "You have a visitor" said Jordan Jayleen looked up she was still hooked to a bunch of stuff but still tried her best to sit up when she seen Diana. she groaned in pain and Jordan immediately rushed to help her. "don't move like that the doctors said your stiches are still very fragile," said Jordan. Jayleen glared at him "Ok I won't move just get your hands off of me" she said her voice dry and raspy. he stepped back and she sighed before looking up at Diana, "can I have a moment with her" she asked not once breaking the eye contact, they both had with each other. "Yeah, I'll be outside." he said before leaving. once he was gone Jayleen immediately opened her mouth to speak. "They told me you saved my life......Thank you." she said I just stood there silently. Jayleen frowned as she looked at her "Diana?" she called out as Diana just walked towards her. Jayleen was confused as to what was happening, but she stayed silent. Diana stopped on the side of Jayleen and looked at her before taking a hand and pushing her hair to the side.

Jayleen's heart was racing it they were so close that their lips could touch. "D-Diana-" she said but was cut off by Dianas lips capturing hers. the kiss was deep passionate even, she kissed her as if she was saying goodbye holding her as if she was going to slip away. after she pulled away, they both were breathless Jayleen more than Diana.

As they gazed in each other's eyes both trying to process the kiss that had left them speechless. "Diana I-" Jayleen started to say but was cut off by Diana stepping away Realizing what she had just done.