Chapter 26

Jayleen's POV:

Came Friday I went to pick my girlfriend Veronica up from school. I was waiting outside by my car sitting on the hood while I scrolled through my phone. Students was coming out but I hadn't seen Veronica yet but I did end up seeing Diana we locked eyes for a moment but I looked away she made it clear what she wanted and all I could do now is respect her wishes even if they don't correspond with my feelings.

I continued to look at my phone but noticed out of the corner of my eye that Diana was walking my way at first I was confused the she stopped and walked around my car I looked over to see her opening her car door. Oh her car was beside mine I thought to myself as she put her things in her trunk just then Veronica came running out and jumping in my arms her friends following. "Babeee!!" She said kissing me I smiled. "Hey how was class?" I asked as she hooked her arms around my neck and leaned up against me. "The boring I missed you" she said rolling her eyes i chuckled.

Just then I looked over and noticed Diana was still standing at her trunk I thought I saw her looking at me but I guess I was wrong she walked over to her drivers door and went to open it but stopped when she heard Veronica say something. "Oh bye Miss Collins" said Veronica waving with one free hand as her other stayed place on my shoulder. "Bye Miss Shepard" said Diana kind of coldly giving me one last glance before she got in the car and pulled off I sighed sadly.

Why does this hurt so much I thought to myself just then two hands cupped my face. "You ok?" Asked Veronica I nodded and put on a smile. "Yeah I'm fine Come on we have the whole weekend together" I said pulling her closer and kissing her cheek before going around to my drivers seat. "Wait before we go I was wondering if you could give Maya and Layla a ride home?" She asked I looked over her shoulder seeing Maya mugging me yup she still hates me I thought to myself before looking back down at Veronica.

"Yeah sure I'm fine with that" I said "thank you babe" she said before getting in the car I sighed as the other two got in as well.

I dropped Layla off first but Veronica insisted of stopping at the store before dropping off Maya leaving just the two of us in the car. It was silent as we both sat waiting on Veronica until surprisingly Maya said something. "I'm sorry" she said I looked at her through the rearview mirror confused. "For slapping you and calling you all them mean names I was wrong" she said. "It's cool I've already forgotten about it" I said with a smile in which she did not return but she did give me a small half one.

The car then went silent again for a moment until she spoke again. "I still don't like you" she said I sighed "I figured" I replied just as Veronica got in the car. "Ok ready" she said and I started up the car.

Diana's POV:

As I road home I kept thinking about seeing Jayleen with Veronica I wondered if they were dating before but today I got my answer I don't know why I kept thinking about her I told her I didn't want her and I convinced myself it was because of her age or the fact that she's my student, well former student anyways but now that's feeling more and more like a lie. Every time we lock eyes my heart rate speeds up and I feel the desire to pull her in and kiss her, I want so badly to kiss her again to feel her run hand hands up my sides the way she did that night to feel her lips against my neck.

I started to heat up just thinking about it I shook my head trying to get rid of them thoughts. I sighed as I came to a stop at the red light I was soaking. "What if I just.." I whispered to myself as I closed my eyes imagining her hands on me I slipped my hand in my jeans but just before I could touch myself I heard a loud horn. My eyes shot open and my hand immediately shot out of my pants and on to the steering wheel.

I pulled off down the street. What is wrong with me was I really about to touch myself in the middle of traffic? I thought to myself I haven't felt like this since I was a teenager and I could honestly say I don't miss it or like it. I made it home and finally went inside. The first thing I did was check my mail which was mostly junk. I then took a hot shower and after I put on some shorts and a oversized T-shirt before warping my hair up in a messy bun then going to the kitchen where I looked for something to eat.

I ended up making pasta since it was the quickest thing I had and the easiest to make I wasn't much of a cooker it was one skill I lacked Alexia was always good with that. That's why I tried to stick with simple meals.

I sat down on the couch and turned on the tv as I ate my bowl of spaghetti. Once I was done I found myself not even paying attention to the tv and thinking about her again. Ugh this is stressful I thought to myself as I flopped back on the couch and stared at the ceiling.

I have to stop she's with someone else I made it clear to her that I wasn't interested I thought to myself "it's good that she finally moved on....right?" I said out loud to myself.

________________________________

End of chapter