001

PANIC ROOM-001

PANIC ROOM-001

During breakfast the next morning, Diana sat at her house table with Hermione and her twin, who decided to join them. She pours some pumpkin juice into her empty glass as Ron and Harry slide down on each side of her.

"Morning, Harry, Ron," She smirked, slipping her juice. She watched as both boys grunted and shoveled a pile of food on their plates. "Rough morning, boys?"

Harry and Ron nodded, spooning pudding into their mouths. Hermione, Diana, and Sammy shared a look before shaking their heads.

Hermione suddenly stood up. "We need to get to class."

"But I'm hungry," Ron whined as Hermione grabbed his wrist and dragged him out of his seat. Diana did the same to Harry.

The five of them walked towards the North Tower where their class was held. Once there, they climbed up the ladder and seat in their seats. Diana sat between Harry and Ron while Sam moved towards his best friend, Kodaline Scaramander, the granddaughter of Newt Scamander. The sweet Hufflepuff whom Diana had the pleasure of meeting smiled at her twin as he sat down. The trio looked around for the Professor when a voice came from the shadows.

"Welcome," Professor Trelawney spoke. She was draped in a gauzy, spangled shawl. She was thin, large glasses magnified her blue eyes to several times their natural size. "How nice to see you in the physical world at last."

She moved farther into the firelight. "Sit, my children, sit. Welcome to Divination. My name is Professor Trelawney. You may not have seen me before. I find that descending too often into the hustle and bustle of the main school clouds my inner eye. I must warn you at the outset that if you do not have the Sight, there is very little I will be able to teach you. Books can take you only so far in this field..."

Diana was the only one to notice that Hermione had joined them. She watched as Hermione tucked her time-turner in her robes and shook her head at the teacher. Hermione scoffed. "That's a bunch of rubbish!"

Harry and Ron jumped, turning to see Hermione flipping through her book. Both had a look of bewilderment on their faces. "Where'd you come from?" Ron asked, staring at the girl.

"Me? I've been here the whole time." Hermione replied, not looking up from her book.

Diana snickered, nodding when her boys glanced at her and confirmed what her best friend had said. Both boys looked unsure for a second before they shrugged their shoulders as Trelawney's voice rang out.

"You, boy! Is your grandmother well?" Trelawney asked, pointing at a startled Neville.

"I-I think so?"