051

NEVER ON YOU OWN-051

January passed uneventfully and February came wildly and it was Harry and her first Valentine's Day as a couple. They went on a date to Hogsmeade, it was the same as always, just this time they were dating. Diana noticed Ron and Ella were getting closer after the boy actually gave her a chance to be friends and found out she was a really cool person.

She hasn't asked Hermione about her relationship with Draco yet, just minding her own business and waiting to see if her best friend will say anything. She did, however, catch them in the Astronomy Tower several days ago, but she hasn't said anything to anyone.

When February and a dull and uneventful March blurred into a squally April, Diana's life seemed to have become one long series of worries and problems. She focused on her and Harry's relationship, which was going strong, DA classes, and the constant worry for her father.

In DA, they finally started working on Patronuses, which everyone had been very excited to practice, though, as Harry and Diana kept reminding them, producing a Patronus in the middle of a brightly lit classroom when they were not under threat was very different from producing it when confronted by something like a Dementor.

"Make it a powerful memory, the happiest you can remember. Allow it to fill you up," Harry says, walking around the room.

Neville was having trouble. His face was screwed up in concentration, but when only feeble wisps of silver smoke issued from his wand tip, his face dropped.

"You've got to think of something happy," Kodaline reminded her boyfriend. "I know you can do it, love!"

"I'm trying," Neville said miserably, who was trying so hard his round face was actually shining with sweat.

"A full-bodied Patronus is the most difficult to produce, but shield forms can also be equally useful against a variety of opponents."

Koda's Patronus, a shining niffler, was running around her holding a shiny coin. Hermione's was an otter, gambling around her, and Ron's was a dog, that ran through Neville's legs knocking him down. Benji's Patronus, a penguin, was waddling around him and Ella's was a swan, waddling around her, fluttering its wings.

"Just remember, your Patronus can only protect you as long as you stay focused."

Sam and Diana's Patronus', two baby wolf cubs chased one another before Sam's cub pounced on his sister's. His cub was slightly bigger than Dia's, due to Sammy being a few minutes older than her.

"Outstanding, Sam, Dia!" Harry grinned, coming over to them. He watched as their cubs playfully wrestled each other to the ground.