063

DINNER PARTY-063

DINNER PARTY-063

A WEEK LATER

"So tell me, Cormac, do you see anything' of your Uncle Tiberius there days?" Slughorn spoke, from the other side of the table.

Diana sat at the table next to her boyfriend, playing with her dessert. It was chocolate, so she couldn't eat it and didn't want to tell Slughorn about it either.

"Yes sir. In fact, I'm meant to go hunting with him and the minister for magic over the holidays." McLaggen answered.

Slughorn smiled. "Oh, well. Be sure to give them both my best. What about your uncle, Belby? For those of you who don't know Marcus' uncle invented the Wolfsbane Potion."

Diana's head shot up quickly as she heard Wolfsbane and Remus pop into her head. She looked over to Marcus Belby

"Is he working on anything new?" Their teacher asked.

Marcus shrugged as he fiercely ate his dessert. Hermione, Harry, and Diana grimaced, watching the boy eat.

"Don't know. He and Dad don't get on. Probably because my dad says potions are rubbish. His only potion worth having is a stiff one at the end of the day." Marcus said making Diana scoff quietly.

Slughorn turned his attention to Hermione. "What about you, Miss Granger? What exactly does your family do in the Muggle world?"

Hermione cleared her throat. "My parents are dentists." Everyone went silent as they stared at her. She shifted awkwardly. "They tend to people's teeth."

"Fascinating," Slughorn said in wonder. "And is that considered a dangerous profession?"

"No," Hermione said as her best friend glanced at her with an amused smile. "Although, one boy Robbie Fenwick did bite my father once. He needed ten stitches."

The door suddenly opened and walked in Ginny. Diana smiled at her sister as the little redhead hurried over to her.

"Ah! Miss Weasley. Come in, come in." Slughorn said.

Diana noticed her sister's red and puffy eyes, causing her to sigh. Ginny and Dean have been fighting for the past week.

"Sorry. I'm not usually late." Ginny said, sitting next to her sister.

"No matter. You're just in time for dessert." Slughorn smiled. " That is if Belby's left you any."

Diana leaned down towards her sister and whispered in her ear. " We need to talk after this."