012

THE GRIM-012

THE GRIM-012

Hagrid had lost the appeal. He had sent a letter to Harry, telling him it was time for the execution. The four of them hurried out of the castle, passing the executioner as he was sharpening his axe in the courtyard.

"I can't believe they're going to kill Buckbeak! It's just too horrible." Hermione cried as they marched down the bridge.

"Just got worse," Ron said as they stopped. Hermione didn't wait for a second as she stormed up to Draco and his goons.

"Ah! Come to see the show?" Draco laughed, turning towards the four.

Hermione suddenly pulled out her wand and held it to his neck.
"You! You foul, loathsome, evil little cockroach!"

Malfoy stumbled back into the rock and whimpered.

"Hermione, no!" Ron exclaimed. "He's not worth it."

Hermione stared at the whimpering boy, something flickered in her eyes before she turned and began to walk back before she suddenly turned and punched Draco in the nose again. A loud crack sounded.

"Oh my god!" Diana couldn't help but grimace as her cousin held his bleeding nose.

Draco sneered at Hermione before running back towards the castle with his goons following.

"That felt good," Hermione admitted, sheepishly.

Ron and Harry looked at her in awe as the redhead said. "Not good...Brilliant!"

Hermione smiled, and they began to go down the hill. Once they got to Hagrid's hut, Hermione knocked. He took a second to  answer, and when he did, he looked down at the four of them.

"You shouldn't come!" Hagrid said, but he stood back, and they stepped in. Hagrid shut the door quickly.

Hagrid was not crying, nor did he throw himself upon their necks. He looked like a man who did not know where he was or what to do. This helplessness was worse to watch than tears. Diana's hair melted to blue at the look on Hagrid's face.

"Want some tea?" He said, his great hands shaking as he reached for the kettle. Diana said that she would do it, and Hagrid sat down.

"Where's Buckbeak, Hagrid?" Said Hermione hesitantly.

"I-I took him outside," Hagrid said as he took the teacup from Diana. "T-Thank you, Ana. He's tethered in my pumpkin patch. Thought he oughta see the trees and-and smell fresh air—before—"