EPILOGUE

EPILOGUE

AUGUST OF 2017

Gravel crunched underneath her Converse shoes as she walked down the road of Godric's Hollow on the hot summer day. Her blonde hair was pulled up in a ponytail with some of the strands being deep blue, and her hand clutched the bundle of red roses.

Pushing open the gate of the Godric's Hollow cemetery, she walked over to the graves of her family members; her grandparents, Lily and James Potter and Joanna and Remus Lupin and Sirius Black, and her uncle Fred Weasley.

She placed a rose on each of their graves before standing in front of a very special one. The young girl kneeled, sniffing as she did. She placed the remaining roses on the grave before leaning forward and placing a kiss on it.

"Hey, mum." She whispered as she pulled away.

She began to clear out the fallen leaves and weeds that had grown around the grave; she tried to keep the vegetation down every time she came and visited but it always grew back.

"School is starting in a week, so I wouldn't be able to visit until the holidays." She started, wiping away the sweat that collected on her forehead as she leaned against her heels. "Everyone's fine. Dad's okay, working a lot as usual. Never stops. James is doing good, he's perfect. Which I never thought would happen. Lily is excited to start school, but she has to wait until next year. Ted's dating that Cecilia girl I told you about last time. She's sweet, I like her. I think you would too. And Albus..."

She stopped, thinking about her little brother who was starting his first year at Hogwarts. He's a nervous wreck, worrying about everything, especially what house he will be in.

"He's nervous, to put it lightly. I think Uncle Ron's gotten in his head a bit. The old geezer had gone on his 'all Slytherins are bad' rant. Even if one of his best friends is married to a Slytherin and his niece is one, he's still biased towards Slytherins." She revealed, slightly disgusted with her uncle. "Mama, all I'm asking is that you look after him. Albus needs you, okay mama? Help him in any way you can. I'll do my best to help and I promise to protect him and James."

A small breeze blew over her, causing her to smile. It was her mama. Giving her a sign that she was here. She leaned forward, running her fingers over the writing on her mother's grave.

In Memory of
Diana Alice Potter
1980-2008
Loving Mother, Daughter, Sister, Friend

Her mother, Diana died after giving birth to her baby sister. According to her father, her mother had died from complications during childbirth. Her mother had a hemorrhage, where her uterus failed to contract enough to compress the bleeding blood vessels where the placenta was attached.