030

DRESSES-030

DRESSES-030

"The Yule Ball had been a tradition of the Triwizard Tournament since its inception. On Christmas Eve night, we and our guests gather in the Great Hall for a night of well-mannered frivolity."

Diana sat with Ginny, Hermione, and Ella as McGonagall talked about the Yule Ball. Her mother gave her a bag of money at the beginning of the school year for a dress of her choice The blonde had to admit that she was very excited to go and dance with her friends. Kodaline insisted that she, Hermione, Ginny, and Ella go to Hogsmeade this weekend to dress shop. 

"As representatives of the host school, I expect every one of you to put your best foot forward. And I mean this literally, because that Yule Ball is, first and foremost a dance."

As the girls started whispering about what guy or girl they wanted to ask, the boys started groaning about it. Diana smiled as she listened to Angelina talk about who she was going to take. What Diana didn't notice was a certain raven-haired boy looking at her.

McGonagall raised her hand. "Silence! The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizarding world for nearly ninety centuries. I will not have you, in the course of a single evening, besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons."

Ginny leaned towards Diana and whispered. "Try saying that five times,"

"Now, to dance is to let the body breathe. Inside every girl, a secret swan slumbers longing to burst forth and take flight,"

"Something's about to burst out of Eloise Midgen, but I don't think it's a swan," Ron said farther too loudly as he leaned towards his friends.

Diana shot her brother a heated glare as her hair turned firey red. Ron sunk in his chair after catching the look from his sister causing Harry and Seamus to snicker. She turned around and sent a gentle smile to Eloise, who returned it.

"Inside every boy, a lordly lion prepared to prance. Mr. Weasley," McGonagall said walking over to him.

"Yes?" Ron squeaked.

"Will you join me, please?"

Diana snorted. "Serves him right,"

"Now, please your right hand on my waist."

Ron's eyes widen. "Where?"

"My waist. And extend your arm." McGonagall said as the music started. They started to dance and Ron looked like he wanted to throw himself out the window. "Everyone comes together. Boys, on your feet!"