038

METAMORPHMAGUG MISHAP-038

Diana sat between Ginny and Harry at the dining table after having an argument with her twin. She watched Tonks, a fellow Metamorphmagus, change her appearance to a pig, then a duck.

The girls laughed as Tonks motioned towards Diana.  "Change your appearance, baby Black,"

Diana changed her appearance to a bunny. Floppy fluffy white ears fell from the top of her head as whiskers came from her cheeks. Her nose change to a bunny's nose which twitched when Ginny patted her.

"You're so cute, Ana," Ginny cooed, patting her sister's floppy ears.

"Wow, baby Black, you've been practicing." Tonks said, smiling.

Diana changed back only for Tonks's eyes to widen. "What? What's wrong?"

Ginny reached up and grabbed one of her ears. "You still have the ears,"

"Don't worry. Sometime it gets stuck." Tonks reassured her. "They will go away soon. I got stuck as a fish before. Weirdest month of my life."

"How long will they be stuck?" Diana answered, unconsciously tilted her head towards her sister.

Tonks shrugged. "Depends. Can't really say. Days, weeks, months."

Diana nodded and looked at her twin. "Now we're even."

Sam nodded as Harry spoke. "I don't understand. What has the Ministry of Magic got against me?"

"Show him. He will found out soon enough." Moody told Sirius and Kingsley handed Harry the Daily Prophet.

"He's been attacking Dumbledore as well. Fudge is using all his power, including his influence at the Daily Prophet to smear anyone who claims the Dark Lord has returned." Sirius explained.

Harry looked at him. "Why?"

"He thinks Dumbledore's after his job," Joanna answered where she was seated next to Remus.

"But that's insane. No one in their right mind could believe that—"

Remus nodded. "Exactly the point. Fudge isn't in his right mind. It's been twisted and warped by fear."

"Fear makes people do horrible things, Harry," Joanna said. "The last time Voldemort gained power he almost destroyed everything we hold most dear. Now he's returning, and I'm afraid the minister will do almost anything to avoid facing that terrifying truth."