Chapter 63

Noelle-

Chills ran up my spine as the man crouched down beside me.

Even though I was healed from the last 'battle' I was in, some things aren't healed completely, and I don't know how much more I can take.

"Listen, grab your gun, but be quiet, and don't try and pull anything...we have company." The man whispered and gestured to the door, where growls and scratches could be heard.

I nodded and grabbed my gun and flung my bag over my shoulders, losing my gun I looked at him.

"What do we do?" I whisper.

He looked around, looking for a way out, forming a plan. "See that back door?" He asked and pointed to the silver, metal, door in the back of the room.

I nodded.

"Go out that door, try and sneak out if we can. Got it?" He whispered.

"Got it." I say and he nods.

He leads us to the back door, grabbing the handle, and looking at me. I nod and he rips it open.

Instantly I speed walk outside, spinning around with my gun aimed for anything to come at me.

The man follows behind me.

Walkers seemed to surround us. I gripped my gun tighter and aimed.

BANG!

BANG!

Gunshots rang through my ears.
I felt a hard, cold hand grip my arm. Instantly I spin around, trying to kick the monster away from me. More grab at me.
The monsters mouth draws in closer to my arm. It's teeth snapping at me flesh as I try to pull away and fight off more of them.

Suddenly the monster falls limp and dead to the ground. Along with the others.
I let out a shaky breath and look up.

The man stood there, putting his gun into its holster.
All I could do was stare.

"You're welcome." He finally says.

I nod, "T-thanks."

"What's your name?" He asks, fixing his backpack.

"No-" I pause, should I really trust him? I just met him. But, he saved me. "Noelle." I finally say.

"Well Noelle, I am Jasper." He smiles cooly.
I give a small smile back.
"Where you headed?" He asks, "look like you haven't been here long."

"Somewhere." I shrug, "just running."

Jasper nods, "need a teammate?"

I look up at the boy. He was no older than sixteen, maybe seventeen, with dark brown hair, brown eyes, pale-ish skin, and a triangular face. He was tall, and slim, with gauged ears, and a nice smile.
Something about him kind of made me relax. He wasn't trying to harm me. Jasper,just wanted to be my friend, and so far I wanted to be his too.

"Sure." I smile, "I could always use some help."

Jasper smiled, "Well, now you got it."

"Let's find somewhere to camp out? It's still dark." I say, looking up at the dark sky then down at the pile of dead, rotten, bodies around me.

Jasper nods. "Sounds good to me."

With that we started to walk to our next destination.

----

Hey guys, sorry for no updates for awhile. I have been having some personal family issues and a lot of other stuff going on.
But, you've waited long enough! So, here is a chapter, that I have been working on forever, for you. Hope you enjoy.