Chapter 64

- Carl's pov -

I stare at the door, just hoping she would walk through it, but she doesn't.
It's been almost a week now since she's been gone, and I feel like I'm slowly losing my mind.

Daryl, he's pretty upset about it too.
When I explained it to the group, he just shook his head and walked out.
Now, he's been extra quiet, distant, and just different. Always "hunting" or something.

The group took it pretty hard too, we all miss her.
We took in a few new members this week though. A family actually.
Luckily it was only three members, and they've been a good help around here.

The daughter of the family, Ava Wilson, she's...well she's different then most girls now a' days.
Very girly, clueless, and rude. Don't get me wrong though, she's pretty, but she...she doesn't compare to Noelle.

I hear footsteps behind me, but I ignore them.

"Carl," a rough, tired voice says behind me. It was obviously my dad. "Can you go take care of Judith, Beth must be tired, let her get a break. Please."

I simply nod and turn away from the window, staring up at my father.

"Why don't you go take a break too?" I ask, "You're exhausted. I can tell."

"Carl I'm fi-"

"No, you're not. Cmon, I'll watch over and if we need you I'll get you, okay?"

My father nods, "Alright. Thank you."

I nod and head off to look for Beth.
She doesn't take long to find, surprisingly.

"Hey Beth, I can take Judith for you, my dad said you need a break." I say and hold out my arms for my baby sister.

Beth nods and slightly smiles, handing over Judith. "Thank you, Carl." She nods then walks to the kitchen.
I hold Judith in my arms and sit down on the floor, letting her stand while she holds my thumbs.

A smile forms on my lips as I watch my baby sister try and walk as she grips my thumbs into her small fists.
"C-C-" Judith starts to spit out.

"Carl...Carl." I say, putting emphasis on each word.

"C..a..r..l." She finally says.
I smile and nod, "Good! Good! Do it again!"

"C...Carl!" Judith squeals and a smile appears on her face, she lets go of my thumbs and claps her hands, falling on her butt.

I clap too, "Good job Judith!"

"How sweet." A girly, female voice says.
Quickly I look up to see Ava rolling her eyes, with one hand on her hip.

Rude.

"Um...hello to you too." I say simply and look back at Judith who is still clapping and giggling.

"So, you're the famous Carl Grimes?" Ava asks.

I nod, "Yeah."

She nods, "I'm Ava Wilson, which I'm sure you already knew that." Ava smiles.

Again, I nod.

Judith crawls over to her little bunch of toys and starts to play with the building blocks.

"Is she your sister? What's her name?" Ava asks, staring at me, then at Judith.

"Yes, she's my sister." I say, starting to get annoyed with all of her questions, "Her name is Judith."

"That's pretty." Ava smiles.

I nod, "I named her myself."

"Where's your mom?" Ava asks, looking directly at me.

"I killed her." I say bluntly.

"Why?"

"Because I had to." I say.

"But, why though?"

"I had to, okay? It's none of your damn business why I had to either." I say, raising my voice in frustration.

Who the hell does she think she is?
You don't just ask people why their mom is dead, or why they killed them!

"I just want to know why you killed your mother, gosh! It's not that big of a deal." Ava rolls her eyes.

I shake my head, "Well, you wouldn't understand would you? Mrs. I still has my family. , Mrs. I used to be rich. , Mrs. I'm better than everyone!" I yell. "Guess what "Mrs. Princess," you don't have a clue what it's like to lose someone you love, or to have to kill them for that matter. I bet you've never had to raise a finger your whole god damn life, so why don't you just leave my family, Myself, and my personal business alone. Got it?"

Ava looks at me, tears swelling up in her eyes.
"You-you can't speak to me like that! I won't have it!" She stomps her foot down and balls her fists up in anger.

"Yeah, well not all of us get our way." I roll my eyes.

Ava crosses her arms over her chest, "You're so rude, Carl Grimes." She huffs.

"Back at you, Ava Wilson." I say.

Ava rolls her eyes and storms off to the other room.

I look down at Judith and smirk, "She's a little crazy, huh sis?"

Judith claps her hands together and giggles.
I smile, "I'm taking that as a yes."

----
Ooooh! We got a little drama up in the C.G station! Haha, I wonder how this will turn out?

Tell me what you think in the comments!
Also, please favorite this chapter of you enjoyed!

|| another chapter might be up tonight as well. ||