Chapter 1

I sit in the dirty tree-house, scarfing up my last can of peaches.

Throwing on my backpack I climbed down the tree, I scanned the area and continued walking.

Not many walkers were around, it was quiet. To quiet.

Sneaking across the town and into a quickie mart, I pulled out my machete just in case a walker decided It was going to kill me.

The quickie mart was filthy, but what place isn't now a days?

I looked behind the counter to see nothing.

"Damn these people." I grouched.

Grabbing some cans of beans and other canned food, and water, stuffing them into my bag.

As I went to walk outside I noticed walkers had filled the streets.

"Damn it." I thought to myself, as I snuck out the back and run into the forest.

I noticed some walkers had seen me and began following me.

When I reached the safest distance from the town, I waited for the walkers to get closer.

They approached,I grabbed my machete and sliced through their neck and watched their heads roll into the leaves.

I walked off in search if shelter, knowing the walkers aren't going to give me a damn break.

When night fell I was sitting in an abandoned white, two story house eating peaches.

I had blocked off every door and window in the house.

The house reminded me of one of my foster houses I lived in. Wasn't the best place but it'll do.

The next morning after I eat breakfast I head out, once again.

I didn't take the chance so I had my machete ready to kill anything.

I had not seen people in awhile, but why would I want to?

People do nothing but hurt you, and if you trust anyone in this piece of shit world you will find yourself dead.

I sat down quietly on some railroad tracks to take a break.

No walkers seemed to be around, but you can never trust the silence.

I walked off into the forest to find an old house, I needed some sleep.

As I entered the house and went into the kitchen I herd the door slam shut and a voice.

"Set the knife and bag down."

That was no walker.

I quickly turned to see a crossbow pointing at my face, and a woman about seventeen going through my bag and holding my machete.

"What the hell man?" I said looking at the man.

The woman looked at me "Hey!" She said, giving me a stern look.

"Who are you?" The man asked still pointing the crossbow at my head.

"Noelle Sheridan." I said looking at the woman and back at the man. "You gonna shoot me or what?" I said looking down at my feet.

The man chuckled "Naw, I'm Daryl and that's Beth. " he lowered his cross bow and handed me back my stuff.

I took my stuff back and looked around "nice place."

"Yeah, it ain't gonna keep them damn walkers out though. Had an encounter last night is you can't tell." He said "your welcome to stay if you like, seeing your only a kid."

I turned to him "I may be a damn kid but I am probably one of the toughest damn girls around my age you've seen!" I yelled.

"Easy now, no need to yell. To be honest I haven't seen a girl your age in a year maybe. A fewer younger but I'm sure half of em are dead." He said smiling.

Beth sat in the living room humming to herself. Her blonde curly hair in a ponytail and she was awful skinny.

"Need any food?" I said as I grabbed a couple cans from my bag.

Daryl smiled "thanks Darlin. Where you headed?" He asked as he rolled the cans to Beth.

I sat down on one of the chairs, "anywhere, I don't know yet." I sighed, I felt weird telling a man I didn't even know.

The man looked like one of those tough guys, but more redneck in my opinion. I can tell he liked me, but honestly, ths felt really wierd. I don't even know these people and Im sitting here with them.

"Maybe I should ransack the place tonight and get out. " I thought.

Daryl looked at me, "your welcome to stay." He said walking to the living room with Beth.

Maybe these people weren't so bad.