Chapter 41.

I felt bad for the lack of chapter's, so I decided to give you 2-3 of them today!! Anyway's I hope you enjoy the chapter's!!
----------

- Bella's point of view -

I stand in the field with Carol collecting water, we had really bonded the past few day's, since no one else really talk's to me.

"Once we are done here, do you want to help me cook some dinner? I have some food we can cook." Carol asks.

I nod, "Sure, and from what I heard the group is going on a run soon, so maybe we can get some more food."

"I hope, if we don't get any more food soon we will have nothing to feed the children." Carol says and wipes the sweat off her brow.

"When we get back to the house, I can watch the children for you and Beth. You all look so tired, and could use some sleep." I say with a smile.

Carol finishes pumping the water and smiles, "Are you sure?"

I nod, "Yeah, I'm great with children."

"Thank you." Carol smiles and picks up two jugs of water.

I smile and do the same, "no problem."

We walk back to the house and sit the jugs of water on the counter.

Carol smiles at me and walk's upstairs to rest.

I walk into the children's room and look at Beth, "Hey Beth, I talked it over with Carol and she said I can take over for awhile...you could use some rest."

Beth smiles, "Thanks Bella." She hands Judith over to me and walks out.

Heidi smiles at me and walks over, she looks at Judith and then at me.

"She really likes you." She says.

"Yeah." I smile.

"Usually when Beth hold's her all she does is cry, but when you hold her she's so quiet."

I smile and nod, watching Judith slowly fall asleep.

"When Judith goes to sleep can you braid my hair? Like you did that one time at the old house?" She asks quietly, trying not to wake Judith.

I smile and nod.

- 45 minutes later -

I look down at Judith to find her sound asleep, she looks so peaceful. I stand up slowly and set her in the crib, covering her up with her blanket.

Heidi looked at me and smiled, I smile and grab her hand,

"Let's go into the living room, so we don't wake her." I whisper.

She nods and grabs a brush, then drags me into the living room.

I close the door carefully leaving a small crack, just so I could hear her if she wakes.

Heidi sit's down in front of the couch and I sit behind her on the couch, I take her hair out of the ponytail and brush it out before I start braiding it.

"Bella.." Heidi says.

"Yes?"

"Do you think god is real?" She says.

"Of course! Where did you get the idea that he isn't?"

"Well I was just thinking, because everyone is dying non-stop. Like, our families and friends, most of them are dead. So why should I believe he is real? Because if he is....he hasn't tried to help us."

My eyes widen in surprise to her answer, I finish the braid and pull her up onto my lap.

"Heidi, god is real, you don't have to believe in him because not everyone does now a day's....but he is. He has a plan, and he promised resurrection of the dead in the bible. Even though this wasn't what everyone expected, he does have a plan, and I believe he will do something great with this world sooner or later than we expect."

She nod's and looks down, "I'm just scared."

I hug her and rock her, "Me too, but being scared is ok. Even in this type of world..."

She nods and lays her head on my chest.

'God has a plan.'