Chapter 58

Noelle-

I wake up on the wall, wrapped in the blanket Carol gave me. Running a hand through my hair I look over at the tree-like where I'm pretty sure I saw a person last night.

"Hey babe!" I hear Carls voice say from behind me. With a small smile I look at him.

"Hey."

"Want some breakfast? Carol said she can take watch for now." Carl says and smiles offering me a hand.

I take his hand and hop down, still wrapped in the blanket. It was really comfortable.

Carl and I walk back to the house where everyone was gathered around, chatting, and eating.

Beth hands me a plate with a smile. I smile back and take my seat, quickly eating the squirrel on my plate.

"Alright gang! Listen up!" Rick says as he stands up from his seat. Everyone gives him their attention.

"We have been living here for awhile, it's protected greatly, and stores aren't very far from here." Rick says and nods at his words. "So I say we stay here, for a permanent spot. If you agree raise your hand."

Everyone raises their hand.

"Rick, this is an amazing place and all, but we do need to try and make the front and back gate a little more secure. Just for safety purposes." Glenn speaks up.

Rick nods, "Yes, we do...and we will get started on that tomorrow morning, but for now let's eat and then discuss today's plan."

We all nod.

I look over at Carl, only to find he was already looking at me. A smile comes across my lips and I look down at my plate and blush.

Why does he have to do that?

---

Night was almost here, so as always I walked to my post on the wall to keep watch.

Wrapping the blanket around my body I breath out a heavy sigh and watch my frozen breath.

From what I can tell it was probably around February, which means it's been another year iv lived.

Looking up I scan the tree-line, nothing.

I don't know what it is...but that figure I saw last night is...interesting. It just appeared and then disappeared...almost like a ghost.

Footsteps behind me knock me out of my thoughts. Looking behind me I see the sheriff hat I always love to see.

"Hey." He says as he climbs up onto the wall and sits beside me. "Seen anything?"

Something inside me wants to tell him about the figure, but something tells me not to.

"No." I say and shake my head.

He nods, "It's really cold out, why don't you come inside? Heidi doesn't like you sleeping out here...neither do I."

"Because someone has to watch over the camp...and just so happens it's my week." I say and smirk slightly.

"I know but...just please come inside...for a night." Carl says. He puckers out his bottom lip and frowns.

I smile, "Fine."

He smiles and grabs my things for me, hopping down first then offers me his hand.

I take his hand and hold onto the blanket as I climb down, but not without looking back at the tree-line first.

Something catches my eye. It's the figure. It's here. Again.

I want to throw my scope up, but I don't.

Looking back at Carl who look confused as to what I was looking at.

"Cmon." I say and take his hand, walking to the house.

Something is definitely weird...