Chapter 39

I got my phone back finally, so here is a chapter for you before I leave! I love you all, thank you so much for being patient!
-------

Noelle's point of view-

I draw my machete and hold it to his neck,

"Woah! I'm not going to hurt you!" He said, he held up his hands and put down his stuff, "please...I just need a safe place to keep my daughter safe."

I eye the man up and down, slowly taking the machete away from his neck.

"Where is she?" I ask.

A small girl comes from behind the man, she looked about Heidi's age.

I looked back at the man.

Then I hear footsteps, I draw my machete once more and look behind me to see Daryl,Rick, and Carl.

"Who's this?" Rick asks, I look up at the man because I didn't know who he was either.

"Names Trent, and this is Sofie...do you guys have a group? Or a camp?" Trent asks, holding Sofie at his side.

Rick nods, "yeah, but can I ask you a few questions?"

"Sure." Trent nods.

"How many walkers have you killed?"

"I've lost count....a lot." Trent says.

"How many people have you killed?"

"Two." Trent says lowering his head.

"Why?"

"Because I didn't want to see my wife and son suffer." He says.

Rick nods, "follow us."

I look at Daryl and walk beside him, we don't make eye contact.

I knew he was mad at me, but if it wasn't for me trying to go out we would be starving.

"Alright gang let's get these two to the house and get them settled, tomorrow morning Daryl, Carl, Noelle, and I will go out on a run for supplies." Rick says as we reach the field, where the house stays visible in the fog.

"Why can't we go now?" Carl says quietly.

"Because the walkers are headed straight for the town, I hid in a tree from a herd of them." I say.

"Oh." Carl mumbles.

Daryl looks at me quickly then shifts his eyes back in front of him.

I sigh and continue walking.

Hopefully tomorrow the trip will go as planned.