Chapter 70

"Welcome back, kiddo." Rick says and pulls me into a hug. I smile, hugging him back. Once he let go my eyes locked with the one and only Carl Grimes.

Carl grimes. The boy who has saved my ass so many times, has been there for me when I needed someone most, who's never tried to hurt me in any way. While I, left him so many times over stupid none sense, I left him crying over me, thinking it was his fault; but it wasn't. All the shit that I've put him through and he was still there for me. Carl Grimes, the boy, no, man that loved me, and gave me his world...while I treated him so horribly.
   He quickly looked down at his feet, not saying anything or even a small nod. Although I know why he didn't want to see me, his reaction hurt.

"Well, everybody...this is Jasper." I said and nodded my head toward Jasper who was standing awkwardly in the doorway. "And that is Zues." I said and patted the large dogs head.

Everyone waved and introduced themselves to Jasper. Meanwhile, I made my way over to Rick and Daryl.

"Hey, guys...can I speak to you alone?" I asked.

They looked at me and nodded, leading me to an empty room in the house. Nervousness kicked into my body, tying my stomach in nots.
Both men looked at me questionably.

"I know you're upset with me." I say, "I shouldn't have left you guys like I did."

"Noelle its-" Rick starts but I quickly cut him off.

"No. No, it's not. I was selfish for leaving...I hurt you guys, I know I did." My voice cracks and I look at the ground then back at them. "I needed help, and I should've asked for it. Again, I was selfish for the way I acted...and I'm sorry. I'm sorry for hurting everyone. Especially you Rick, and Daryl, and...Carl." My voice turns into a whisper on the last part.

Rick looks at Daryl and sighs. "Noelle, we understand. Carl had explained to us what had happened a long time ago. Yes, we were upset at first, but after being out there for so long, we kind of got over it." He says. "Your apology was accepted long ago."

I slightly smile and nod "Thank you."

Rick nods, "you're welcome...now I have to go handle some things." He says and leaves. Leaving Daryl and I alone.

I look up at my father figure, knowing why he was so quiet.

"I said I'm sorry...." I say quietly.

"I know." Daryl mumbles.

"Are you mad at me?" I ask, knowing the answer was obvious.

"No." Daryl says.

Wait. What? He's not angry? How?

"How?" I turn my head to the side slightly. Maybe spending so much time with Zeus was really getting to me.

"Cus' I see why you left." Daryl nods, "I get it. People need time to them selves...hell, why do you think I go hunting to often?"

I chuckle lightly at his last comment. "Yeah, but I abandoned you...."

"The past is in the past...I'm just glad to have my...daughter back." Daryl says, stumbling to say the last part. I smile and nod, giving him a hug.

"Now, if I were you, I would be apologizing to-" Daryl is cut off by me.

"I know. I plan to, just...not yet." I say. Daryl looks at me, then nods. We walk back out to the group.
When I look around my eyes fixate on Carl talking to a girl. She was beautiful, skinny as hell, and she was flirting with him. I watched them for a minute, seeing him flirt right back. A smirk on his face as he leaned against the wall, hands in his pockets, as he seemed to be working the girl up. It must have worked because not even a few minutes later Carl was talking to Rick and I noticed Rick nod to something and Carl and the girl had left.

At least he's moved on...found someone better...who may actually treat him like he should be treated.

Deanna walks over to me, resting her hand gently on my back. I look up at her and see a soft smile. "You'll be housing with Carol and Daryl, since the house has four bedrooms for you all."

I nod and smile "Thank you." Deanna nods and walks away.
   A sigh escaped my lips and I look around at the group.

At least some people were happy to have me here.

____________________________
I know I haven't updated since August. I'm sorry.

Y'all I have some big news and sad news.

This story is not receiving much attention, from not only readers but even myself. I haven't updated in forever and I rarely have time to post anymore. So, on chapter 80, the story will be ending. I am sorry, but again, I have no time to update this story anymore, and it's long anyways. So, please don't be mad. I love you?