Chapter 19

Just so you know, the beginning of this chapter is a dream. (Noelle's to be exact)

--------

I quickly walked down the hallways of my school, the dead bodies of every teacher and even some students on the ground being eaten alive, by those things. What were they? The screams and gunshots still rang throughout the city.

The sunlight his my skin, giving me some warmth. Screams and more gunshots were herd outside, the crash of cars wrecking and horns honking, they all gave me chills. What the hell was going on?

The alley's were dark, cold and even damp. I quickly made my way through them and to my house. As I opened the door to my home, blood was everywhere, things knocked over, and what I saw in the middle of my mothers bedroom made my heart sink.

She laid lifeless in the floor in a puddle of blood, being eaten alive just like everyone back at school. Tears filled my eyes, the only thing I thought to do was run upstairs to my room and lock the door.

Blocking the door with my dresser and feeling my cheeks get hot. Tears streamed down my face and my vision became blurry. I broke down crying and curling into a ball, the gunshots,screams, the bangs of crashing cars, they all rang through my head. What was going on and what the hell was eating my mother and friends?

The two gunshots that rang through my house sent a chill up my spine. Then a turn of my nob and a knock on my door made it worse. "Hello?" I herd a woman's voice call out, a sigh of relief escaped me. "I'm here." I say, opening the door slowly. I didn't know who they were but when I saw the face of a blonde haired woman all I though about was safety.

We had been running for months, gathering supplies. Finally we had settled down and built a camp, but it didn't last long. Maybe 4 months, before it was attacked. Not by 'walkers' but by human beings.

They killed everyone, except me. I his in the tree's with a machete in hand and a backpack.

When the group left with about everything in our 'camp' I searched around looking for more supplies.
The crying of a baby or toddler almost sent me running to a tent, to see a child, maybe only 6 months old. She cried and breathed heavily.

She looked at me with her soft brown eyes, I noticed the bite mark on her stomach. Before I knew it my vision became blurry and tears fell down my cheeks as I sunk my machete into her tiny head.

---------
Noelle's point of view-

I awoke gasping for air, looking around the room I felt hot and needed air. My vision was blurry, my cheeks hot and my eyes were wet. I had been crying, but in my dream. Wiping my eyes, I walk downstairs and step outside on the porch and sit down.

A hand set on my shoulder making me jump, I relaxed as I herd the sweet southern drawl. "You ok?" I herd Daryl ask, I only nodded my head and wiped my eyes again. He lifted his hand from my shoulder and walked back inside. I don't know what my dream was all about, but I felt like it meant something. Whatever it was, must have not been important.