Chapter 59

Carl -

My eyes flutter open, to face the sleeping beauty beside me. A smile forms on my mouth as I stare at her. Watching her breath slowly and heavy.

So peaceful. So quiet. So beautiful.

I place a soft kiss on her four head and carefully get up trying not to wake her. Slipping on my shirt and boots I walk out the door and walk downstairs.

My father is sitting at the table with Heidi, she was smiling ear-to-ear and laughing as my dad told her corny jokes.

"Morning." I say, interrupting their conversation.

My father looks at me, giving a slight nod, "Morning."

Heidi smiles and runs to me, she wraps her little arms around my waist and squeezes.

"Good morning Carl!" She smiles and looks up at me. "Thank you for getting Noelle to sleep inside for the night."

I smile and nod, "you're welcome."

Noelle nods and runs upstairs, I'm assuming to wake up Noelle.

I walk over to the counter and grab the pop tart, opening the silver package and tearing a piece off. Plopping it into my mouth. I shudder a little at the taste, but after a second it isn't that bad. Favoring the taste I take my time on each piece.

"I'm going on a run with Michonne and Glenn." My father says. "You are to watch over everyone...you and Daryl...and Noelle."

I nod and smile softly, "You can count on us dad. I promise."

He nods and kisses my four-head and heads out the door. "I'll be back soon. I promise."

I nod and look at the pop tart. Without hesitation I save the other one for Noelle, wrapping it back up.

I walk outside and sit on the porch watching over the group like I was told.