Chapter 57

Noelle's point of view-

I sit silently on the wall with a shotgun on my lap, it was my turn to do night watch.

A cool breeze blew through the air and stung my already freezing body. Winter was in full swing and man was it cold.

I feel something land on my back, a blanket, looking back I see Carol. She smiled and I returned it, thinking maybe she would just leave now, but instead she sat down beside me.

We sit in silence for awhile, watching the walkers fall face first into the snow. I chuckle as I watch one trip over a log and flip over on its head doing a scorpion.

"Noelle," Carol finally speaks up. "I want to just say a few things..."

I nod and look at her.

"Iv watched you grow a lot since the first time we met. You've learned a lot of responsibility and you've shown me that what I said about you awhile back was completely wrong. I thought that since you were so young...that you weren't going to understand and live as long as I thought...but you proved me wrong...by a landslide. What I'm trying to say is...sorry...for doubting your ability." She smiles kindly.

I smile back and nod, "it's good...."

She nods and gets up, "oh before I go...I just want you to know...that what you're doing for Heidi is amazing...keep up the good work." Carol smiles and walks back to her house.

••••

I wrap the blanket around my body, then I hear a loud bang. A gun.

Quickly I look up around the edge of the trees, maybe something will pop up.

I scan the tree-like carefully, and a white figure catches my eye.

I raise my gun and look through the scope, it's a person. An actual person.

"Hey!" I yell out.

I don't hear anything back and the person disappears.

Strange....

I sigh looking at the tree-line again, but of course nothing but walkers.

---
A/n ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE CHAPTER in my opinion. Ugh. Oh well.