Chapter 20

Hey guys so I am going to take a week break with the fanfiction, just so I can start my Daryl Dixon fan-fiction and get some of my school work caught up. I'll be back with chapter 21 in a week!
-----------

Noelle's point of view-

p3:00pm (evening)

Carl and I were walking down the steps of a light blue house that we had just cleared. My bag was half-way full with mostly full and medical supplies.

We enter another house and Carl takes one side of the house and I take the other. No walkers were inside surprisingly, I grabbed whatever I could and began walking torward a the steps when a scream sent chills up my spine.

"Noelle!" I herd Carl scream my name, I ran up the stairs to see a walker hovering over him. Taking my machete, I quickly slice it into the walkers head and watch it go numb onto Carls body.
He quickly slung it off of him and nodded as in thank you to me.

"Guess you do need me." I teased, his response was not what I wanted to hear for the most part. "Actually I would be fine if you died." He said smirking at me, something inside me crushed. I don't know what but it did.

"Oh yeah right, if it wasn't for me saving your ass a few times you wouldn't have made it this far Grimes!" I yelled, he shook his head and I herd a slight chuckle "I would be perfectly fine, I don't need you." He said softly and looking at his boots.

"Lies." I say, teasing him a bit. He smiled for the first time in what seemed like forever.

The hours pass and it is almost dark, Carl and I were cleaning out the last house in silence. When we finished and had finished packing everything we headed out back into the woods.

We walked in silence before he finally spoke up, "I didn't need your help back there."

I snorted in laughter "That's why you were yelling for me?" I say laughing.
"Well if you just stayed downstairs I would have felt with it myself." He said raising his voice, I put my finger to my lips telling him to stay quiet. He shook his head, "No I will not!" He yelled "I don't fucking need you!"

I clenched my teeth and let a growl escape from the back of my throat, "Whatever Grimes! You do need me and you know it!" I yell, storming off towards the field in front of the house.

I herd his footsteps behind me, "Wait."
He said, I kept moving ignoring him.
"Noelle just wait a fucking god damn minute!" He yelled, I turn around and felt him getting close to me.

I looked into his soft blue eyes and felt his lips crash into mine. My eyes widened in shock. He quickly removed his lips from mine and looked at his boots, "sorry," he whispered "I do need you." I felt his head on my shoulder and his hands wrap around my waist.

Everything that had seemed to be pushing me down lately felt like it all disappeared. I pushed him off lightly and shook my head, his face turned soft and he took a step forward to me.

He reached out to me, but I refused and ran into the forest. I don't understand. He doesn't need me, no one does.

I kept repeating the words in my head and to myself,

'I don't understand, he doesn't need me.. No one does.'