Chapter 60

|| warning~ have tissues near you. ||

Noelle -

I glance out there window where Heidi was playing around by herself. I smile and look back down at my machete that I was cleaning.

Then I hear a scream, quickly I look up out the window and I see a man running out the back gate.

"Heidi!" I scream, grabbing my gun, machete, and run outside.

I jump over the gate and look around for the way they went.

"Heidi!" I yell out and look around frantically.

A scream rings through my ears and through the woods. I dart off through the woods, and something stops me.

A gunshot.

My minds goes blank and I run, and run.

Until I see a small, naked, bruised body laying on the ground, coughing up blood.

"Oh my god!" I scream and run over to her.

My worst fear has come true.

Heidi looks up at me, her face bested and bloody, smothered in tears.

"Noelle...." She coughs.

"Shh...shh.." I say and fight back the tears. "Please...just stay awake." I cover up her body with my jacket, "just...just hang in there."

She shakes her head slowly.

She smiles and takes my hand, looking up at the trees. Heidi squeezes my hand and looks at me at me again, "Noelle?"

"Yes?"

"Am I going to die?" She asks softly

I smile softly and nod my head, "no...no...shh...don't say that."

Heidi smiles and looks back up at the trees.

"Noelle?"

"Yes?"

"Will I ever get to see mommy again?"

My heart stop and I look down, shaking my head, "yes...."

She smiles widely, "I miss her."

I nod and look at her, "Heidi."

"Yes?"

"I want to say I'm so sorry for this...I'm sorry I couldn't protect you like I promised." I sigh and wipe away my tears, "I'm sorry..."

"It's ok..." She smiles, "I love you." She says and looks back up at the trees.

Then, her eyes drift away and go blank. Her mouth opens and her body goes cold.

I look at her, tears spill from my eyes and I pull out my gun from my pocket and put it to her head.

"I love you too." I whisper, and pull the trigger.

My body goes numb and I drop the gun. I scream and fall onto my back, screaming again and crying.

Everything was blurry and I couldn't think straight.

I look back up at her and lay my head on her chest, "I'm so sorry..." I sob, "I'm so sorry...I couldn't protect you...I'm sorry I lied...I'm sorry...."

Footsteps run behind me, but I ignore them and lay down on my back, covering my face I scream.

Arms lift me up and pull me close to them, I scream and kick trying to get free. But they only squeeze tighter.

It was Daryl.

I give up and limply fall into their chest.

"She's gone...she's gone..." I repeat, crying into Daryl's chest.

--
Heidi was a sweet and gentle girl. Always so kind. She was strong...maybe not physically, but mentally she was.

She didn't deserve to die, but she also didn't deserve to live in a world like this.

Rest easy Heidi, you will be missed.
--
This will be the last chapter for the next 2 months. I am taking a break so I can work on making the story better and to start on my other fan-fictions. I really hoped you all enjoyed the book so far and I hope you come back and read the next part! Bye for now! Love you all!! xoxoxo