Chronicle 1

I held my mom's hand as we sit in the hospital. The doctor already came in and said his condolences to her and me.

My mom has stage 4 bone cancer and has been fighting it for years, but now they are saying there's no hope for her. She's gone through tons of treatments but none of them have worked.

My mom squeezed my hand meaning she wants my attention. My mom can't really move so we have a few signals to tell me things when she doesn't want to say anything.

I looked up at her. She looked at me wearily. You can tell she's tired. Sweat is running down her face a little and is matting her hair to her face. I get a up little and brush the hair off her face.

I'm trying not to lose hope but she's not making it easy. "Honey," my mom said so softly I barely heard her.

"Yes," I say to her as I sit down slowly in the chair. She looked at me with a weak smile. "You're going to be fine," She said to me. I know what this means. That she's giving up.

"Mom. Mom, you can beat this. Please just fight a little longer," I say to her begging. She just stared at me with her weak smile a tear running down her face.

"I've already been fighting. But it's time. Your going to be fine without me. I know you will. There's someone out there for you and they are going to make you so happy," She said to me.

I looked down not wanting to look at her as I noticed my eyes are starting to get watery.

"Alex, look at me. Honey look at me please," She said to me. I looked at her as a tear slips down my cheek. I wiped it off quickly. I need to be strong. I need to be strong. She wants me strong.

My mom slowly lifted her hands and gently wiped my cheek. It was so light I barely felt it. "I love you so much. One day you're going to find something out. But you're going to understand why I kept it from you. Okay? I love you," She said to me. I looked at her confused. What does she mean I'm going to find something out? Why wouldn't I understand her keeping it from me?

She whispered it so light that I barely heard her say "I'll see you again. One day. Right now I'll be watching from above. Till we meet again my beautiful son."She squeezed my hand once more before she stopped and then I heard that beep lasting in the room.

"Mom. Mom, please wake up. Wake up! Please don't leave me alone! Mom!" I said to her crying my tears falling fast down my face.

Next thing you know a flurry of doctors and nurses came rushing in and pushing me out of the room as they tried to resat her but it didn't matter. I know she's gone.

I wiped my tears away as I walked out of the hospital. I don't know when or how but I ended up at my apartment. I was just in this numb feeling the whole time here.

I turned the lights on and looked around the apartment until my eyes rested on a picture of me and my mom on a side table. This was a month before she got diagnosed. We were at the beach and she had a huge smile on her face while she was on my back. She was super light. I was smiling in the picture especially at my mom. She was worried the whole time during the picture. She was so scared she was going to be too heavy for me. That was a good day, but I guess it doesn't matter now that she's gone. Nothing matters now that she's gone.

I get angry and then swiped the picture off the table. I looked at it on the ground and started breaking everything. I flipped over the table and the coffee table in the living room. I went into the kitchen and started ripping everything out of the fridge and cabinets and throwing it everywhere.

I went into my room and ripped stuff off my bed and closet. I grabbed a lamp and smashed it to the ground and then I did it with all the pictures I had in the apartment.

Then I went in the bathroom and tore off the shower curtain and swipe the whole counter of everything. I was breathing hard as I sat at the sink. I looked up at the mirror. I really look like my mother. But I guess I am her son.

I punch the mirror. Repeatedly until there wasn't a mirror anymore. I go back into the living room and flipped the couch. No reason just did.

I finally just fall on the ground breathing hard. Then I start crying. There's no need to keep in anymore. So I sat there bawling.

After around a minute I looked at the apartment. It looked like a mess, but I really don't care. Then all of a sudden the power turned off.

"Are you kidding me!" I yell. Then the TV all of sudden turned on shining a blue light on me. I look at it weirdly. I didn't turn that on.

It was just a static screen on it. I got up and went over and unplugged it. I went back to where I was and sat down again.

I was looking down until I heard a click and a blue shining light started shining on me again. I looked at the TV as it was on that static screen again. What the hell I unplugged this thing?

I was just staring at the screen until it started doing this weird tunnel thing and started to suck things. What is happening?

It started to suck me in too. I was on my stomach as I grabbed something. But it was strong enough and it snapped off it quickly. Suddenly the wind started getting more powerful as it was dragging me to the TV.

I was looking everywhere to grab on to something so that I don't get in, but it was no point it already had me halfway in the TV.

I grabbed on the side of my TV as I tried to pull myself out. Then my gripped my slipped and I got sucked into the TV screaming.