Chronicle 21

Season 1

Episode 6

Part: 2

Location: Helicarrier

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We went down to the lab to see Simmons and Fitz standing near their big screen as they talked to Coulson and May. Skye went on the computer and started trying to help them get there.

"Fitz, what's the latest reading?" Coulson asked him from the comms. Fitz looked at his tablet and said "We're at 324 megajoules and growing stronger. Dangerous territory, sir."

Skye turned around and said "There's a farmhouse a mile north of you, right at the center of the signal. That's got to be it." Coulson then said "Skye, dig up everything you can on whoever lives at that farm. We need to know who we're dealing with."

She nodded as she started clicking faster on the computer. I looked at the screen that was going increasingly red before just disappearing off the screen entirely.

"Uhh guys?" I said to them, confused. Fitz looked at the screen before looking at his tablet saying "Hold on now. What just happened? Um, it's gone."

"What's gone?" Coulson asked confused. "The electrostatic signal. It seemed to pulse, then disappear," Fitz said. Coulson mumbled something in the background and said "We'll call you back."

They were quiet for some minutes until Coulson came back and said "Skye, we need real time SAT surveillance on this area right now."

"Hang on," Skye said as she started typing away faster on the keyboard. "I think I found something you might want to see first. Sending it over now."

I bent over near her as I looked at the screen. I started looking at the information that popped up on the screen. "The guy who owns the farm's name is Frank Whalen. He's a volunteer firefighter at the same station house as our first victim, Adam Cross," I said to them.

"Our two victims knew each other," Ward said to us over comms. Skye looked at the screen as more information popped up. "They were both responders when the aliens crashed New York," She said to them.

Ward said "Two victims from the same firehouse. We're looking for a killer."

We soon all packed up our gear and drove out to where the victim was at the farmhouse. We all climbed out and went inside where the guy's body was floating in the air. He was way higher than the last guy was.

Fitz set up and had a drone flying up scanning the body of him. We put a coffin under him so that when Fitz got close enough lightning came off the body and zapped the drone as the body dropped down.

Fitz caught it before anything could fully drop. "Hey, um, anyone else notice all the metal scattered around the body, like an electromagnetic field was present?" Fitz said to us looking around us at all the metal.

I bent down and looked at the guy. "The question is what created it?" Fitz asked Simmons as he put up his drone. Simmons looked at the body as she said "We need to get this body back to the lab as soon as possible. Something about these wounds..."

I had my hand on the outside of the coffin as I looked at the man. It's sad how some people die. When I was getting up I felt a little shock on my hand. I pulled back my hand quickly from the pain as I shook it out.

I ignored it as I walked over to Skye who was typing on a computer as we made a type of set up for her. "Skye, what did you find out about the firehouse?" Coulson said on comms. Skye looked at her screen and said "It turns out they sent an engine to New York with a dozen volunteers after the Chitauri invasion, including Cross and Whalen. Maybe it has something to do with why they were targeted?"