Chronicle 14

Hey, yep I'm alive. Sorry I haven't updated in a long time. I just have one thing to say and it should be pretty self explanatory-

School

Anyways enjoy the story

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Season 1

Episode 4

Part: 1

Location: Helicarrier

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were down in the lab chilling. I was in a chair as Ward was looking at the gun Simmons and Fitz just created.

"I only get one shot. And it has to knock a person back as well as out," Ward said looking at the light blue gun. I stared at him as I rolled my eyes.

"Which is why we're perfecting this little beauty. .45-Caliber cartridges, semi-automatic. Each Mag contains eight therapeutic rounds of dendrotoxin," Fitz says to him, showing him the gun. He put the mag in while explaining and the gun powered up.

"In case you miss!" Simmons yells at him while she looks through a microscope at something. I tried to hold back my laugh as Ward glared at her. She smiled nervously and said, "Or have multiple assailants."

Ward tried reaching for the gun but Fitz backed up a little so he couldn't get it. "Yeah, w-we're gonna have this new night night pistol working in no time Okay?" Fitz said to him.

Ward breathed out as he said "Great." Fitz was walking off to work on the gun when Ward added "One thing we're not calling it that." He left the room.

I huffed as I grabbed a magazine and started reading it a little. When they knew he was gone Simmons looked up from the microscope and said "Told you."

Fitz looked at her before looking at where Ward left and said "Yes, we– yes, we are."

I got up as I patted Fitz on the shoulder. "No. No, we're not," I said to him before leaving and walking into the truck in the cargo bay.

I closed my eyes and breathed out before I heard "Getting away from them too?" I smiled as I popped my eyes open to see Skye.

I shook my head no and said "You could say that. I just wanted some time alone. I guess like you. I'll leave if you want?" She waved me off and said "Nah I like your company. It's a bit refreshing."

I smiled as we sat there in silence for a while. It wasn't long before we heard a knock on the window. Skye rolled the window down and we both smiled at Agent Coulson.

"What's up, Phil," Skye said to him casually. "I'd prefer you not call me 'Phil'," He said to her.

She shrugged a little and said, "Okay, you're the boss....A.C. just missing my van a bit, taking a little me time." She had brought out her computer and was doing something fast on it. Agent Coulson looked at me.

"Same, just wanted some time alone," I said to him. He looked back at Skye and said "I need your help with something." Skye looked at me and then looked at Coulson interested. "Hit me with it," She said.

"Ever rob a bank?" He asked her.

"No."

"An armored car?"

"Nope."

"How about a Casino?"

Skye looked at him fake hurt and said "Should I be offended?"

"Somebody's stealing millions of dollars in diamonds. They've found a way to crack the security systems. I want you to figure out their exploit," Agent Coulson said to her. She hummed satisfied with the challenge. I just shook my head.

"Will leave as soon as possible," He said and then walked off. I looked at Skye and said, "Well I guess tell me what happens."

She laughed a little and said, "Don't worry, it won't be that fun without you." I laughed a bit too as I got out of the car and was going back upstairs to my bunk to chill out and maybe take a nap.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got called into the debrief room. I went in there to see a woman's face on the screen. Named Akela Amador. Also, Ward was there. He started glaring at me but looked away when Coulson, Skye, and May walked in.

"Swedish customs confirmed that Amador left the country using an alias on a Swedish passport. She flew into Belarus. Bought a train ticket to a town called Zloda. I've also put together a list of individuals who could fence that many diamonds. There's been no contact or activity," Ward said to them.

I went over and stood by Skye listening to all the information. "Maybe she's saving it for a rainy day. Or something special?" I said to them.

Coulson said "For right now that doesn't matter. Let's focus on finding Amador." He looked at us and then the screen

May said, "I'll let H.Q. know she's alive so they can assist with the manhunt." Coulson turned to her and said "I'd like to hold off on that. Until we know more." We all stared at each weirdly before looking at Coulson again.

He looked at Skye and said "Contact Belarus authorities. Find us a place to park the bus. Put together a place of the list of Inns, Hotels, and Pensions near Zloda. There can't be that many of them. We'll find her." Ward and May left. I was about to leave until Skye grabbed me to stay.

I breathed out and stayed put as she said "We're not so special after all. We're not your first proteges." Coulson just stared at her blank face. She chuckled a little and said "Relax. I'm teasing. I know we're not your proteges."

"Hell, we're not even a real live S.H.I.E.L.D. agents yet," I said to her. "That too," Skye said, suggesting at me.

Coulson smiled a little and said "You guys couldn't be more different. Amador was smart, talented, and fearless. "

"Wow, there's nothing in common," Skye said to him. I couldn't help but laugh at what she said. It's not like the plane almost blew up and we almost died and saved the whole plane. Nope, none of that.

"Let me finish. She didn't play well with others and found little value in teamwork. I thought I could instill those qualities in her, so I pushed her...Maybe too hard."

"Don't blame yourself because this chick went to the dark side. Whatever path she went down, whatever weird stuff she got into, it's on her," Skye said to him.

"Exactly you can't change what decisions people make. All you can hope is that you keep them on the right path," I said to him. He looked at us both as we walked out of the room.