Chronicle 10

Season 1

Episode 3

Part: 1

Location: The Helicarrier

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 I woke up to an alarm clock. I reach to shut it off. It was quiet for a little bit before beeping really loud again. I groaned as I got up and turned it off the right way.

I rubbed my eyes as I looked at the time. "Shoot," I said as I realized I was late. I hurried up and changed and went next door to see if Skye was still asleep. Ward started to train us since we both want to be agents. But the training hasn't been easy.

I banged on her bunk door. "Skye! We're late! Wake up!" I yelled at her. She opened the door yawning and said "What?"

"Did you forget about training this morning?" I said to her. She looked at me drowsy until she finally understood what I said. "Shit," She mumbled as she closed the door and changed fast.

She came out and we rushed a little to the cargo bay where we were training. We came down the stairs and Ward glared at us both as he said "You know you're both late."

"We're tired from the morning's workout. I thought I was joining S.H.I.E.L.D. not 24 hour fitness," Skye said to him as we both stand in front of a punching bag.

"It's called relative strength training, starting with the basics and next time you do 15 push-ups for every minute you're late," Ward says, tightening up her wrap for her hands. He came to me and wrapped my hand a little tighter too.

"Fine, Mr. Fun Machine. Better than pull-ups. I don't ever want to do another pull-up again," Skye said to him. I nodded at her as I yawned a little. I've never done so many pull-ups in my life before. I wasn't that active in P.E.

"You find yourself hanging off the edge of a building 20 stories up, you're gonna want to do at least one," Ward said to her. "Well I'll never get myself in that position," I said to him as I waited for him to show me how to punch like he did Skye.

He came over to me and said "You can fight. But your technique is a little sloppy. Bring it in a little tighter and put more force behind your punch. Like this." He showed me one solid punch, moved a little near me and punched again but brought it back far enough where he hit my bullet wound.

I groaned a little when he hit it. I looked up and gritted my teeth as I saw his smug little smile on his face. I want to punch him so bad, but the bag will have to do.

I punched the bag how he showed me and when he was about to leave I brought my arm back super fast so that it hit him in the gut. He grunted as he glared at me. I smirked as I kept punching the bag.

Ward looked at me as he said out loud "You know the hardest part about boxing?" Skye was on the other bag punching and said "Getting punched in the face?"

Ward looked at her and said "No. Keeping your hands up." Skye half rolled her eyes at him as she said "Why do we even have to do this? I'm sure Fitz and Simmons supervising officer didn't make them do this muscle stuff." I nodded my head agreeing.

Ward looked at us and said "You said you guys wanted to be a field agent like Coulson. Well if you'd like to switch disciplines...." Then Ward turns to the lab where Fitz and Simmons are and says "Hey Simmons. What did your S.O. give you guys for morning drills?

Simmon excitedly says "Oh, atomistic attribute drills. Yeah, we'd name the mechanical, chemical, thermal..." And then Fitz finished off with "Electrical properties of materials."

"Alright I think they made your point," I said to him as I punched the bag again. Ward looked at me and then at Skye as he said "There will come a moment when you have to commit to this or bail. Every field agent has a defining moment. Ask Coulson. When you have to make the hard call to either dedicate yourself to this or to curl up in a ball and run."