Chronicle 12

Season 1

Episode 3

Part: 3

Location: The Republic of Malta

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soon we arrived in Malta. Me and Skye got into a taxi and it drove us to Quinn's house. I got out of the car and helped Skye out of the car as we looked at his house. Or should I say mansion instead. It was huge and tons of people were walking in.

"Woah," I heard Skye whisper. I smiled as I looked at her. "Shall we go in?" I ask her holding my arm out for her. She smiles at me and says "We shall." She grabs my arm as we walk into the place.

They checked our invites and let us right in. We walked to this beautiful garden. A person with a tray of champagne was passing by and I took my arm out of Skye's so I could grab two. I handed one to her as she took a sip of it.

We kept walking looking around for any sign of Ian. Another waiter came up and said "Hors D'oeuvre?" I go and grab one as I take a bite of it. Skye grabbed one too as the waiter walked off.

"Who are you?" I heard a man say from behind us. I turn and see an old man with tiny glasses looking at me and Skye. Another younger man came and said "Apologies for his manners. He knows very little English."

"Oh, that, uh, that's —- What - - Whatever," Skye said, stumbling on her words as she was trying to swallow her hors d'oeuvre. "Skye," She said, shaking his hand.

"Alex." I shook his hand too. "Qasim Zaghlul," He said after I shook his hand. "Big fan," I said to them as Skye says "You built half of Dubai, including the Arabian Blade. I love that building. It's super Sci-fi."

"Where's your wife...," I started as I waited for them to tell me something. May says in my ear "Wife's name's Nadrah."

"Nadrah," I finished. May then says "Twin sons." I smiled as I said, "Uh staying home with the boys?" Skye started smiling too as she looked at me from the corner of her eye.

"Uh, she is fine. The boys are good too. There growing up so big," Qasim said to me. I nodded, "Kids we could never live without them," I said to him. He laughed a little and said, "It was nice meeting you both."

"The pleasure was all ours," I said to him shaking his hand one more time before me and Skye walked off. She elbowed me a little, smiling proudly as we finally were out of the sights.

"I could get used to these people. It's like Siri if it worked. Skipper to Bravo. I got eyes on top dog. The eagle is landing on it," Skye said in the earpiece as we spotted Ian Quinn. I looked at her weirdly on the names. She looked at me and shrugged.

"What are you doing?" Simmons asked her. "Uh... Sorry. We see Quinn. We're gonna talk to him," She said, stuttering at the beginning. We started walking over to him.

He was talking to some other man before he stopped as he saw me and Skye. "I mean, that and its effect on the industrial average," Quinn was saying to a couple of guys.

Skye laughed a little to get his attention as he says "That was good." She took her arm out of mine as she said "yeah right? Ian Quinn. Were your last minute party crashers. Skye." She shook his hand as I stuck my hand out too. He completely ignored it as he chuckled a little and said "Oh wow. Great to meet you." They kept shaking hands as I looked between her and Quinn.

I fake coughed loudly for them to quit. Skye finally let his hand go as Ian's smile disappeared as he looked at me. "And you are?" He asked me. I smirked at him as I said "I'm her date. Alex." I stuck out my hand to shake it. He looked at it and faced Skye again with a smile appearing back on his face.