Chronicle 11

Season 1

Episode 3

Part: 2

Location: Barnroof Point, Colorado

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We eventually made it to the last one. Me and Coulson were leaning on his car as we were in the middle of the woods. Eventually, a man came on horseback and stopped in front of us.

Coulson said "Excuse me" to get his attention and stop him. "Who the hell are you two?" He said when he saw us.

"A concerned citizen who happens to be a member of a giant bureaucratic organization that's tracking your every move," Coulson said to him. He looked at me for an explanation. I just held my hands up and said "I'm just a normal person."

He just huffed at me as he looked at Coulson and said "I haven't done anything wrong."

"Of course not, but you sold your Excavator to some people who did and you're hiding out here until things cool down because you know it. I just want to know who paid you," Coulson said to him.

The man was quiet before bringing out his shotgun and pointing it at Coulson. "They paid me enough not to answer any questions like that," He said. I hold my hands up and say "How about we drop the shotgun and not get shot by an agent."

He looked at me skeptical until Ward came out aiming a gun at him. He looked at him and then at me before dropping the gun. I go over to grab it as he slowly gets off his horse.

I go back near Coulson as I look at the shotgun. "Man, what were you trying to be the next John Wayne?"

"They gave me money for my equipment. That's all. I never saw a face. I never heard a name," He said to Coulson as Ward cocked his gun to get him talking.

"How did you receive this money?" Coulson asked him. He didn't answer. I said, "Did he write you a check?" Ward put his finger on the trigger. The man just pointed at his saddlebag.

Ward grabs it still aiming at him and dumps gold blocks on the ground from the bag. "They paid you in gold?" Coulson said as he picked one up.

"Now this really feels like the old west," Ward said as we looked at the gold block.

We made it back to the helicarrier as we gave the gold to Simmons to see if it's real or not.

Simmons was flashing this weird light on top of them as she was explaining to us what it was. "It looks like this because it's a Dore bar. It means it was made at the time mine rather than in a refinery. It's only about 92% pure. The cowboy got cheated a bit," Simmons says to Coulson.

"Can you determine the mine based on the impurities?" Coulson asked her. Fitz walking off to his computer says "Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah. We've done that already. It's from the Dacey mine in Tanzania. Which is owned by..." But Fitz got interrupted by Coulson saying "Quinn Worldwide."

I stiffened a little. I remember a little about Quinn. He's a world class jerk billionaire who hates S.H.I.E.L.D. and any other government. He gets involved in a lot of shady stuff.

"I'm sure you studied the C.E.O. in your chemical engineering classes or saw him on the cover of Forbes. Ian Quinn," Coulson says to them walking out.

A little bit later Skye came in with the binder and dropped it next to me as she sat down tired.

"You good?" I ask her. She looks at me and says "They really need to switch to computers." I laughed a little as Simmons and Fitz started explaining to us about the device they found. I don't know why they are but they are.