Chronicle 9

Season 1

Episode 2

Part: 4

Location: On the Helicarrier

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up groaning a little as my head was pounding from the punch I took. And my side was sore. I looked and realized I was in the cargo hold. I was zip tied to the door.

    "Alex your up. Are you okay?" Skye asked me worried. I just looked at her. "I could be better," I said to her as I tried to get my body in a more comfortable position.

    "This is my fault. Should have learn Kung Fu," Fitz said to us.

    "Oh, yeah, but I shouldn't have pushed you into the field in the first place. You weren't ready," Simmons says to him. Fitz looked at her weirdly and said "Uh, we... We weren't ready."

    "It was my job to make a proper threat assessment," Ward said blaming himself though I know what he did. I forget for a moment but I remembered. He betrayed everyone. Especially Skye.

    Skye said "This wouldn't have happened if Agent May wasn't on the stick. She would have busted out some of her ninja know how."

    "Yeah she could've kicked all their asses," I said to her. Fitz looked at us strange and said "Agent May. No. No, no. She transferred from administration."

    "Well We've seen her destroy a guy, so..." Skye says to him and then everyone looked at Ward for an answer.

    He breathed out before saying "You've heard of the Cavalry?" Simmons and Fitz both say "yeah."

    Fitz starts off saying "Why everyone at the academy talks about st--" Then they looked at May and said, "She's the Cavalry?"

    "I told you never to call me that," May mumbled from the ground loud enough for us to hear. "I can't believe it. Oh, we're sure to get out of here now. Um, how do we get out of here?" Simmons says to her.

    May sits up a little grunting next to me. "Can't go through the doors. They're bolted, tied to the pressurization lines. You two geniuses have nothing?" She said looking at Fitz and Simmons.

    Fitz looked at her and said, "Yeah, well, It's hard to concentrate in these intense situations." I looked at him and said "Hey, calm down. Take a breath. You don't need to come up with the whole solution. Just part of it. Right?" I looked at Skye on the last part. She looked at me smiling and said "Right. Pieces solving a puzzle." I looked at Ward and he was glaring at me a little. I smirked in victory.

    We all went in a circle saying an idea we thought could work until Skye said something that was a good idea. "Well that's clearly the worst idea we've heard yet," Simmons said to her.

    "But it could work," I said to the group. Ward said "Reyes is gonna kill us the minute we land, regardless, and blame it on rebels. This way, we have a fighting chance. I'll take it. What's first?"

    Fitz says "We can't get upstairs without going in the lab." And then Simmons adds "And the only way to release the lab doors is from upstairs."

    "The first thing is, we're tied to cargo door, so unless you can.." Skye said but didn't finish when we heard a loud cracking sound come from May. Then Fitz says "What the hell was that?"

    I looked at May in awe as Ward said "Her wrist." I have to learn how to do that.

    May left right when a guard appeared checking in on us. He looked at us and then at me as I smiled at him. He looked at me strangely then May came from behind him and wrapped her legs around his head before flipping him over the balcony. She jumped down and popped her wrist in place as she said "What's next?"