Chronicle 8

Season 1

Episode 2

Part: 3

Location: On the Helicarrier

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few minutes later when Coulson left with Ward. Me and Skye went into the lab while Fitz and Simmons were doing something.

I sat on the lab table and took off my shirt as we got a better look at the bullet wound. Skye grabbed a lamp and brought it over. The adrenaline was all gone and now all I was feeling was pain.

I was breathing hard as Skye grabbed the tweezers and looked at the bullet wound. "I can't see it. What am I supposed to do now?" She asked me worried about hurting me.

"Um, your just going to have to dig in me and try to find it. I don't know. The most I know about this is from medical dramas that I used to watch with my mom," I said to her. Mentioning my mom brought this grief that I hadn't felt in a while.

Skye breathed out and was about to try and find the bullet when Simmons walked in seeing us. "What do you think your doing!?" She half yelled at us. She pushed Skye out of the way as she inspected the bullet wound.

"Did you sterilize this? Were you trying to kill him?" She asked Skye. Skye just stared at her speechless.

Simmons looked again and said "I can take it out. Then I'll have to bandage you up and you're going to be sore for a couple of weeks." I nodded at her understanding.

"This is going to hurt a lot, but think of it like this. You're going to get a cool scar," She said to me. I was going to say "yeah" until she stuck the tweezers in and was grabbing the bullet. I grunted in pain a little as she finally got it. She took it out and set it on a tray.

I was breathing out as she grabbed bandages from Skye and started wrapping me up. Skye looked at me and said, "Are you okay?"

"Never better," I said to her as Simmons finished. Before she was bandaging me up she put ointment on the bullet wound to make it heal a little faster.

Skye grabbed me a new shirt and gave it to me. I put it on and jumped off the table a little sore still from Simmons removing the bullet. Fitz walked in and put the O-8-4 duffel bag on the table.

Simmons got some gloves on and carefully took out the O-8-4 and put it on the table. Me and Skye took a little step back. "Not to worry. The device is stable. Not that it couldn't explode at any minute. Especially if hit with machine gun fire, but things like this happen from time to time when in the field, and at first, it's very unpleasant, and you regret your decision to leave the lab at all," Simmons says, freaking out a little in the end. Me and Skye just looked at her worried. She looked at us and smiled a little.

I smiled a little back at her. Fitz and Ward came in arguing at each other. "Are you mental? I did explain in great detail exactly what I meant. Using the queen's bloody English!" Fitz yelled at Ward as went to the table.

Ward said to him "I use normal English. Like 'duck' and 'run' and 'might blow us to pieces.'"

"Oh. Oh! Well, congratulations Agent Ward. You managed to string three words together in a sentence," Fitz says to Ward.

They kept arguing as Coulson was outside the door talking to the woman. She looked at me questioningly and Skye before facing Coulson fully again.

When they finished their conversation Coulson was walking and Fitz and Ward were screaming at each other. Fitz yells "I'm trying to tell you..." But then Wards interrupted by yelling "... Don't understand anything you are saying!"