Chronicle 22

Season 1

Episode 6

Part: 3

Location: Firehouse

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day Simmons and Fitz scanned everyone making sure that they were okay. I already got checked and was standing by Skye as she said "What about the other firefighter?" They were getting led out of the room by people in hazardous suits.

"They'll be quarantined and observed at a S.H.I.E.L.D. Biohazard Facility," Simmons said to her. It wasn't long before two hazard suits had a box and took it out too.

"Um, anyone notice they're putting the infected alien thing on our truck?" Skye said to us. The group came next to us as Coulson said "We're flying it to the sandbox."

"Sandbox?" I asked them, confused. Simmons said "It's a S.H.I.E.L.D. research facility across the Atlantic. They specialize in hazardous materials."

Coulson said "If what you suspect is true, that this is a virus, then those firefighters could be infected, and they're gonna need a cure. Find one."

"Yes sir," Simmons said, nodding at him. We all walked out of the building and jumped into the truck. We went back to the helicarrier and I was chilling with Simmons as she inspected the body. I didn't know where Skye was.

I had my feet propped up on the lab desk playing on my phone as Coulson came in. He gave me a nod as I gave him one back before he started looking at the screen that had blood samples on.

"What am I looking at?" Coulson asked Simmons as he stared at the screen. "Wait for it," She said to him excitedly. I put my phone down as I looked behind me to see what it was. A little electricity went between two blood cells.

"What was that?" Coulson asked her confused. He turned to Simmons as she yelled "A groundbreaking discovery!" I went back on my phone as she started rambling.

"I believe the firefighters initially contracted the virus when they cleaned the helmet. The friction activating some long decaying Chitauri organism," Simmons said to him.

Coulson went to her a bit as he said "Hang on. These cells are from the bodies of the firefighters?" Simmons nodded saying "Brain cells, yes. The last vestiges of the infection. Some viruses sleep inside a host cell for years before reproducing, as they did inside the helmet, the initial source. But what those cells tell us is that we're dealing with a propagating virus which means..."

"The virus can move from person to person," I heard Coulson say to her. "Exactly! And that's the most exciting part, how it spreads. Not through the air, or through direct fluid transfer, but through electrostatic shock. It's like nothing we've ever seen on Earth," Simmons said to him.

"Good job, Simmons," I said, focusing on the game on my phone. Simmons said, "Molecular density and polarity- thank you Alex- that explains the floating."

She kept rambling happily until she stopped. I paused my game as I looked up too. Coulson was standing outside of the lab looking at us both solemnly.

I took my feet back down as I said "What's up Coulson?" Simmons looked at him too and said "Sir, is something wrong?"

He looked at me and then at Simmons. "I'm so sorry Jemma. Alex," He said to us as he clicked a button on the outside locking us in. I turned around to see metal tweezers floating in the air before electricity went through them making them fall to the ground.

"Oh no," I heard Simmons mumble behind me. I turned to see a metal object drop near here too. Great.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~