Chronicle 19

Season 1

Episode 5

Part: 3

Location: Helicarrier

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked to the debrief room just as Simmons, Fitz, and May walked in. Coulson and Ward were already in there. I kept my hands in my pockets as I felt distanced from everyone. I only felt like I was in common with Skye. She was the only one who wasn't a part of S.H.I.E.L.D. too and we had each other during this whole thing. I guess not anymore.

"It appears Centipede is responsible for Mr. Chan's kidnapping," Coulson said to us. Ward looked at the screen and said "First L.A., now Hong Kong. What kind of organization are we dealing with?"

Coulson looked at him before saying "international, well financed, interested in creating a super soldier. Let's hope finding Mr. Chan will provide some answers. Using the account information Mr. Lydon gave us, S.H.I.E.L.D. HQ believes he's being held here." He pulled up a map on the table and pointed at the location.

"Any ideas what Centipede wants with Chan?" May asked him as she looked at the location.

Fitz said "Hard to say, but Simmons thinks that considering he's pyrokinetic...." and then Simmons finished him by saying "There's a good chance his genetics could stabilize the extremis element of the Centipede serum."

Fitz then says "Keep their test subjects from going..." Then Simmons finished by saying "Boom!"I smiled a little at their antics. Fitz looked and saw me smiling which made him smile.

"If Mr. Chan is Centipede's lab rat, We need to get there before the experiment's over," Coulson said as the meeting adjourned. Everyone walked off getting ready for their way to save Mr. Chan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was chilling at the couch area scrolling through my phone when Ward came by me and said "Coulson's in trouble. I'm going to get Skye, but she needs you." I was going to say something back until he said "Doesn't matter you're a pair."

I breathed out since I have no decision on this. "Fine, what do we have to do?" I went into the debriefing room as Ward brought Skye and Miles. Soon Simmons and Fitz came in too.

Skye was hacking into the building Coulson was in and said "The entire facility's been locked down." Fitz said, "Are you sure?" Skye, still focusing on the screen, said "No."

"This is pretty cool," Miles whispered to her. I rolled my eyes as I watched her try to hack in. Skye ignored him and said, "The alarms disconnected the system from all the exterior servers."

"Can you fix it or not?" Ward asked her. Skye looked at him and said, "Yes, but you've gotta get me on site."

"No way," I said as Ward said "No chance." She looked at us both as me and Ward gave each other looks. Miles looked at us both before saying to her "You're a hacker, Skye. Not a Seal Team Six."

"No, but he is. And he's my wingman," She said, looking at Ward first before she looked at me.

We went down to the cargo bay and jumped in the car as Ward drove us to the place. "I think this is a bad idea," I said to them. Skye just smiled at me, making my heart lift a bit as she said "You think a lot of things are bad ideas."

I shook it off as I glared at her. I'm not letting her off that easily. "Right we're still not on good terms," She said as he started looking forward again quietly.

We made it to the building and Ward fought all the guys that were in our way. One tried to grab Skye and I punched him in the face before kicking him back against the wall knocking him out.

"Thanks," She said to me as I grabbed her arm and we started following Ward through the hallways to wherever we needed to be.

We eventually made it to a server room. Skye got on a computer as I was out of breath behind her. Ward came over and leaned near her as he said "How long is this gonna take?"

"Done," She said, getting up. Ward nodded as he started running again going out of the door. I threw my hands up as I started following them out of the room.

We met Coulson and May and followed them as we all ran out of the building. Just as we made it far enough we looked back to see fire coming out of the roof and turning into two flames before turning into a ball of fire.

We were panting as Ward said "Skye managed to extract some files from the building's mainframe. It's not much, but could get us a fix on Centipede." Coulson looked at the building and said "Maybe."

I looked at the building in silence as I watched the flames. Ward looked at Coulson and said, "You can't save someone from themselves, sir." Before Coulson said anything I said, "You can if you get to them early enough." Ward looked at me as Coulson did too before looking beside me at Skye.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We made it back to the helicarrier and we were all in the cargo bay as Miles was getting sent away. Coulson walked to him holding a box in front of him.

"You have two choices. Take what's in this box or we put you in a slightly bigger one," He said to him. Miles looked at the box smiling and said "Can you give me a hint?"

"Take the box," Coulson said, his voice even. Miles looked at him before opening the box and looking inside it.

"What's it do?" He asked with a fake smile on. Coulson took it out and snapped it on his wrist as he said "Whatever we tell it to do. I would try to avoid any unlawful activity, and I think you'll find it hard to use electronic devices for a while. You can go now."

He took the box from him and waited for him to leave. "Cool, but we're still in Hong Kong," Lydon said to us. "Yep," Coulson said to him.

"I live in Austin, Texas," He said to him, waiting for him to explain how he was going to get back home.

"I know. Oh and Agent Kwan's family thanks you for the anonymous Donation," Coulson added to him before walking off. He passed me and Skye before whispering to Skye "My office."

I followed him upstairs giving Skye alone time with Miles. I went to my bunk and started looking through some of my old pictures with my mom before she got sick.

I stopped at a picture where we were at Disney World and we just got off the tower of terror. She was so mad yet she was smiling huge with me with her mickey mouse ears.

I smiled sadly at the picture as my heart ached. Then there was a knock on my bunk door. I sniffed rubbing at my eyes as I got up and opened my door to see Skye standing there with a bottle in her hand.

"What do you want?" I asked her as she looked at me.

"I know I messed up, but I hope you can one day trust me again," She said, her voice thick. I looked and noticed her eyes were red and a little puffy.

"You've been crying, what happened?" I asked her. She wiped some dried tears as she said "I had to talk about something I hadn't really thought about for a while."

I stared at her before grabbing the bottle and looking at it. "Where're the glasses?" I asked as she smiled at me. She held up two glass cups as she was going to walk into my bunk before I stopped her. "Not there yet."

She backed up and sat a few feet away from me and sat against where our bunks connected. I got out and closed the door as I sat down on the ground against it.

I grabbed the two glasses before pouring some of the drink in them both. I handed her one as I grabbed mine and started taking a sip of it. This is some good stuff. I started looking at the bottle trying to figure out what it was.

"I'll give you a chance," I said after we sat in silence for a while. She looked at me hopeful. "But only this one. You've got to earn your trust back and if you break it again I won't give you another chance."

She nodded as she said "I understand. Thanks for giving me a chance." I didn't say anything as I took another sip of the drink.

"Man this is really good," I said as I grabbed the bottle looking at it again. Skye laughed as she looked at me.

So we sat there drinking the whole night mostly in silence as we were just there for each other's presence.