Chronicle 25

Season 1

Episode 7

Part: 2

Location: The Hub

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We went to the hallway where Coulson was down last time. Simmons looked into the camera and it scanned her letting her in. "Ok, you have the flash drive. Go," Skye said to her as the doors opened for Simmons.

Simmons took a breath and walked in and Skye continued talking as she said "I programmed it with a decoy crawler. It'll use my browser history to simulate my usual online activity, so while S.H.I.E.L.D. thinks I'm trolling Reddit and Facebook with the laptop you gave me-"

"You'll be hacking the files for Ward and Fitz's mission," Simmons said walking from us. Skye then said "Right. And remember, once you plug it in, you only have about..."

"Three minutes before S.H.I.E.L.D. catches on," Simmons said to her. Skye had a plain face on as she said "Do you realize that you keep finishing my..."

"Your sentences. I know. I'm sorry. Bad habit," She said to her. I chuckled before saying "Stay calm Simmons. You got this."

"This is good. Actually, a bit thrilling," She said once when some scientist passed by her.

"Ah good. I'm glad. Now, we just gotta figure out a way to get the panel open," Skye said as she peeked around the corner through the door. I looked behind us making sure no one came from behind.

Simmons said to us "Don't worry, made a special something. It's what we do. All done." We both looked at each other shocked before I said "Really? Wow."

"Ok, uh, now just find the USB port," Skye said to her. Simmons said "Ok."

We looked around the corner just as a man said to Simmons "Agent Simmons." He approached her and she turned around to see him, frozen.

"It's fine, just play it cool," I said to her.

"Hello, Mr. Agent Sitwell, sir. May I help you?" She asked him, looking awkward from our perspective.

He smiled as he said, "Call me Jasper." I looked at him confused as Simmons said "Um...what brings you to this restricted hallway so late at night?"

"I could ask you the same things," Agent Sitwell said to her. Simmons smiled awkwardly and said "No. Don't."

"Simmons, relax and focus. Just make up an excuse and you'll be fine," I said, trying to calm her down. Simmons nodded and said "I was just on my way to the loo. I could swear it was two rights and a left, but is that here?"

"That's a wall panel. Why are you accessing it?" He asked her. Shit, I quickly said to her "Don't spiral. Just say something. Anything."

"You certainly have a gorgeous head, don't you?" Simmons said to him. Me and Skye looked at each other before mouthing at her 'what'. "I like men that are about my height, but heavier than me."

Skye looked horrified as she said "Stop talking. Stop." Agent Sitwell pointed at the wall and said "Agent Simmons. Do you have authorization to access that panel?"

"Say yes. Say you do," I said to her. She nodded and said "Of course. Of course."

"Great. Yeah," Skye said to her.

"I certainly have it right here in my bag. He's onto me," She said looking down in her bag.

"Stop talking to us! He can hear you!" I yelled at her. Agent Sitwell tilted his head as he said "Are you on comms with someone?" He took out a walkie as he said "This is Agent Sitwell, I need an escort..." Simmons shot him with the Night-Night gun as she said "I'm so sorry."