Chronicle 18

Season 1

Episode 5

Part: 2

Location: Austin, Texas

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We landed in Austin and all spread out to find him. Skye went to check the cafe. I was to be two blocks away from her to see if he came along or to help a chase, the same with Ward. We all had comms in connecting us with Coulson.

"Just left the Cafe where Miles logged in," Skye said over comms. "Cashier hasn't seen in over a week."

Ward then says on comms "May have eyes on him." I say into the comms "Coming to you." I got up from the table I was sitting at and started walking over to where Ward was.

"I've been made," Ward says on comms out of breath. "Heading East on 5th street." I looked at where I was and saw that I was nearby. I started running in that direction going through the crowd as I said "Excuse me" to all those I bumped into. Can't just lose politeness on a mission.

I was going down the street as Ward said "Target is now in a silver Jetta." A silver car rushed past me. Out of breath I turned around and started running after the car.

"I got him," Coulson said on comms. Then next thing you know a black car goes speeding past me jumping on the sidewalk a bit to get around cars before going back down on the street speeding after him.

I started to just walk out of breath until Coulson came on the comms saying "I lost him." I huffed a breath as I turned around about to walk back to the plane until my comms came on with Coulson saying "Alex, I want you to follow Skye."

I thought that was a strange request but in the end, I said "Okay." I crept around to where Skye was last and saw her standing there on her phone before she walked off.

I got up from the building I was hiding from and started following her as she looked around before walking across the street. I swiped someone's news before covering my face pretending to read it as she looked behind her.

She started looking forward again making her way somewhere. I followed her for around five blocks hiding behind buildings or blending in with the crowds. Maybe I'm cut out for this agent stuff.

She walked into the building and I waited for her to go up the stairs a bit before I followed her, skipping the creaking steps I saw her step on.

She went into a random room. I stayed posted a little ways away from it. This is so pointless, why make me follow her? What is she even doing here anyways?

I sat there for a bit before I had to pretend I was looking out the window when a guy passed me looking around in the halls before walking into the room that Skye went in. Was that Miles Lydon?

I crept near the door trying to see if I could hear anything. I heard some muffled talking. From the sound of it, they knew each other like they were friends.

I pressed up closer trying to hear something as it got quiet in the room. Suddenly I started hearing moaning and things. Oh, that's what they were. She didn't even tell me.

I swallowed my discomfort as I contacted Coulson on comms. "I followed her. She knows Miles Lydon and they're here together," I said to him. I barely heard what he said as I waited for them to arrive.

It wasn't long before the group showed up and walked in. I walked in and looked away from Skye as she was naked. She put on a blue plaid shirt that was around her.

I sat at the seat that was near Simmons and Fitz who were going through all his computers to see what he had. My seat faced Skye who was seated on the couch.